After FW upgrade playing AC3 and DTS Audio Files is impossible

I have been using the WDTV Live for many years, mainly for listening to my large collection of

AC3 (Dolby 5.1) and DTS Audio Files located on my NAS.

All worked perfectly well for years.

Now, I upgraded to the latest firmware and I cannot listen to my AC3s and DTSs anymore.

I still see the AC3 and DTS tracks listed in the Folder, but playing of these files became impossible.

No problem, though for MP3 and AAC.  Audio output is set to the “SPDIF only” with both Dolby Digital

and DTS being set as supported by the output device.

Could the developers team fix this please in the Firmware, otherwise the WDTV Live becomes

useless for me :confounded:

Many tks,

Bernd

PS: I have posted a similar posting in the WDTV Live SPM Forum, because I also bought the

new WDTV Live and I have exactly the same behaviour on this box.

bernaci06 wrote:

I have been using the WDTV Live for many years, mainly for listening to my large collection of

AC3 (Dolby 5.1) and DTS Audio Files located on my NAS.

All worked perfectly well for years.

Now, I upgraded to the latest firmware and I cannot listen to my AC3s and DTSs anymore.

I still see the AC3 and DTS tracks listed in the Folder, but playing of these files became impossible.

No problem, though for MP3 and AAC.  Audio output is set to the “SPDIF only” with both Dolby Digital

and DTS being set as supported by the output device.

Could the developers team fix this please in the Firmware, otherwise the WDTV Live becomes

useless for me :confounded:

Many tks,

Bernd

PS: I have posted a similar posting in the WDTV Live SPM Forum, because I also bought the

new WDTV Live and I have exactly the same behaviour on this box.

Did you roll back the firmware and a factory reset? Because if you did and it didn’t fix it then the WDTV may have gone bad, and if it did fix it then you can go to the issues board and make a report or post it on the firmware thread.