After 1.06.15_v Firmware update my wdtv live turns off randomly at 20 - 50 minutes

Hi all,

I recently updated the firmware to 1.06.15_v and the wdtv live now switches itself off then on again at seemingly random intervals of between 20 minutes to 50 minutes while viewing something.

Can anyone shed light on this phenomenon.

This happens  while playing from an attached 2Tb hard drive or wirelessly from a network laptop. I have had no such problem prior to the upgrade.

Regards,

Do you have a Virgin Media Superhub ???

Don’t have this issue - just have HDD detection issue & sluggish menus. Rolled back mine.

Official links if you want to rollback -  http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5800

No, just the WDTV live HD

Yeah, thanks for the link. May have to roll back.

Generally thanks for the replies people.

Regards,

Chris

The Virgin SuperHub is one of the more notorious of them, but if I recall, there were several UPnP network devices that weren’t playing nicely.

The test would be to disconnect the WDTV from the network and only play local files.  If the files play without crashing the WDTV, then it’s likely to be a network conflict somewhere, which would be solved either by rolling back or by changing the conflicting device’s settings.  If the WDTV still misbehaves, then it’s something else.

We have the Virgin Superhub. I will look into those possibilities thank you  RoofingGuy.

Hi,

After tupgrade to this new firmware, my hard sisk is not getting detected neigther by WD HD player nor by my Laptop.

Please suggest me how can I get my Hard Disk data back. The frmware has caused it malfunctioning.

Thanks in Advance.

Aseem

Hi,

After this upgrade to this new firmware, my hard sisk is not getting detected neigther by WD HD player nor by my Laptop.

Please suggest me how can I get my Hard Disk data back. The frmware has caused it malfunctioning.

Thanks in Advance.

Aseem