Afpcmd broken?

I have a MyCloud PR4100 running OS 5.25.132 and am trying to use the afpcmd command from the command line. The trouble is, I cannot get it to do anything at all; it just does nothing and returns an exit code of 0 (zero) no matter what I pass it. According to online documentation, I should be able to pass it an AFP url (e.g., afp://user:password@server/path) and it will copy the file(s) to the current directory.

Does anyone know if it’s working for them?

Note: I know that AFP was removed as a supported protocol for accessing files on the MyCloud; that’s not what this is about. afpcmd is for copying files to the MyCloud from an external AFP server.

Hi @koehn,

Kindly refer to the article How to Map a Network Drive on macOS for My Cloud & My Cloud Home:

Please contact the WD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

@Keerti_01, as I said, I’m trying to use afpcmd to copy files to the MyCloud drive from an external AFP server. I’m not trying to (because I am not able to) mount the MyCloud on the external AFP server.

So again, the afpcmd executable is on the MyCloud (it’s softlinked to /usr/local/modules/wd/usr/sbin/afpcmd):

root@MyCloudPR4100 ~ # ls -l /usr/local/modules/wd/usr/sbin/afpcmd
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         14448 Dec 29 00:40 /usr/local/modules/wd/usr/sbin/afpcmd

And according to the documentation, it should allow one to pass it an AFP url and copy the files to the MyCloud. But instead it does nothing. I’m wondering if someone knows why.