Æonish Hub ReV2 [WDTV LIVE HUB]

Yes, try it with the SMP, LittleZe.

I did that some moths ago and just got the video home screen - with NO menue !

Today I tried again, because of some background graphih expiereints.

AND ? I just played around and  with SMP I have just the video home start-background without any menue.

After pressing “setup” on you remote and going back the menue was there …

Is this a “feature” of the Æonish theme or a special SMP Æonish start-up behaviour ?

What do you get with SMP, directly after starting Æonish, LittleZe ?

Is there a special SMP version of Æonish ?

In the first post of Æonish Hub FR Revision 2 we see two versions.

Now I installed Æonish Hub - FR Revision 2 FIRMWARE REVISION 2.07.17

with the Æonish Hub Demo Folders+Templates (this time not music ID3).

I am trying to get (with the download of Æonish Hub Music Template, NOT theMusicPackage) the left screen:

Following the AEonish Hub Quickstart.txt  I just get the red curtain as a background and grey default pictures.

Nothing else …

By pressing "Enter " → on the next screen I see the album cover in CD-jewel case and the band-cover on top and bottom as a background.

Joey, do you have an idea what is missing or wrong ?

In the demo folders there are just these kind of JPGS:

Are they enough even for the first Evanescene left  picture or do I have to create something more (with TG ?) ?

@Steffen_2009

The “Music Sheets” in the “Æonish Hub Music Demo Folder” are PNGs with Alpha Channel Transparency.

Which are renamed to JPG to trick the Hub into Displaying them…  (This “Trick” only works on Live Hub Firmware 2.07.17 or earlier)

This is what your Music Sheet should look like (If you see Black or White on the Right Side where the Transparency should be …

then you have created a True JPG … which Does Not Support Transparency)

See below for Thumbgen Settings to use …

1 Like

Thank you again, Joey.

Your music show-case is a fantastic architecture- & design creation.

While creating it you surely went through similar questions I have at  the moment.

So studying your pionier-show-case is an enourmous interesting thing for me :heart:

Yesterday I did’t create anything with TG , I was just using your “show-case demo for music” material.

So with your shown TG setting I expect 2 more files for each album folder, right ?

So for the next steps for me would be to  to create the wallpaper and background with TG first .

And I have to see if it works with SMP FW 1.06, this corresponding SMP FW seems to be more up-to-date than Hub FW 2.07.17

Have a nice weekend …

Hhm, well I still get with just the default images on  rv_list_browse_page.xml

and rv_music_browse_page.xml .

With your tipp for TG:

I am able to process the tranparent PNG/JPGs .

But I think in your given demo material     Æonish Hub Demo Folders for Your Hub/Æonish Hub Music Demo Folder

these files are already created.

With album_playback.xml and view/info everything is perfect.

I just wonder what is missing for  rv_list_browse_page.xml and rv_music_browse_page.xml .

QUESTIONS:

1.) Are rv_list_browse_page.xml and rv_music_browse_page.xml using the same “source” jpg and is it because of a too new FW when I still see default pictures (red curtain in background and grey albums) there ?

2.) Do we have to create something more to see the demo like in the screenshots (different folder icons for music icons on the bottom line , the actual in the middle bigger, band-picture in the background - I think it is the rv_music_browse_page.xml of normal AEONISH ) ?

QUESTIONS:

1.) Are rv_list_browse_page.xml and rv_music_browse_page.xml using the same “source” jpg and is it because of a too new FW when I still see default pictures (red curtain in background and grey albums) there ?

2.) Do we have to create something more to see the demo like in the screenshots (different folder icons for music icons on the bottom line , the actual in the middle bigger, band-picture in the background - I think it is the rv_music_browse_page.xml of normal AEONISH ) ?

Answer: it’s a Firmware issue Not an XML issue ie. Nothing can be done, unless your a Firmware Engineer / Developer.

You must remember this Theme is Designed for the WDTV Live Hub for Firmware 2.07.17 or lower.

It just wont work properly on other Firmware or Devices (SMP) and there is simply Nothing i can do about it.

I cannot offer anymore assistance or advice as Firmware Related Issues and Device issues, is beyond my control.

To Joey or Anyone else that can help,

I have been trying to use this theme on SMP and it seems to work pretty well, but the only problem that I having is getting the moviesheets to show properly. I create them using Thumbgen and they show up with the them, but the resolution of the pictures in the moviesheet are so bad that it is unusable.

My initial thought was that since the Aeonish template is set to export an image that is small that mabye if I increased the resolution of the template it would display better (being that the bg images and cover art are HD), but that didn’t work. It seems like the theme just zooms in on the pictures even more, making it even worst. I have also tried to use the Aeonish Demo folder and didn’t have great results either…

I have been working on this for the last 3-4 days and am at my wits end. I have read tons of posts, instructions, and tutorials and none of them seem to address this issue.

Just to be clear I have a SMP box with the lates firmware, a 55" 1080p TV, and am connecting to my media via network share (though I have tried with local media also).

@Resqd

To Joey or Anyone else that can help,

I have been trying to use this theme on SMP and it seems to work pretty well, but the only problem that I having is getting the moviesheets to show properly.

It wont work 100% on a SMP or on Live Hub Firmware Above 2.07.17

I cant help, because the problem is Firmware and Device Design.

(Editing XML will not fix Firmware Issues)

Many thanks, Joey.

Now I understand … and yes, of course it is obvious and clearly anounced in the first post that your AEONISH theme is a work for the hub.

… why else would the demo material be named like    

Æonish Hub Demo Folders for Your Hub/Æonish H ub Music Demo Folder etc. :flushed:

As from now, I can sleep again … :wink: always thought I would have done something wrong or misunderstood.

By the way, I can confirm the AEONISH id3 music variation works well on SMP.

SMP-Users simply should use the music-view, which i showing the CD jewel case on the right side.

(I guess it is “a second list-view”- cool idea !  …developed on rv_music_browse_page.xml).

There we don’t have the (music) sheets-topic.

@anyone using the AEONISH Theme.

A question about the CD-jewel case on the home screen.

I think the resolution of the album-picture is not really good  / clear.

On my device the letters are not sharp, it is “pixel-ed”.

Do you have the same ? Where does this come from ?

It seems, with the music-album cover on our home-screen  there is some strange compression taking place…

I tried serveral resolutions

(embedded mp3 JPGs like for the music mod, everythime cleaning cache and cold-rebooting), the result is nearly the same.

It doesn’t matter if I take 200 * 200 , 400 * 400, 720 * 720 px .

Is there a way to turn the “thumb-compression” off ?

In rv-list-view we find for the album-cover image tag this :

<image image=“@@thumbnail_listpage” x=“836” y=“190” w=“390” h=“390” default_image=“@@default_thumbnail_listpage” scale_type=“pan” scale=“100” align=“right” attr_num=“16” attr_cur=“@@thumb_active   disable=“1”>

Does someone understand the meaning of the red part ?

Hello,
am the first Time here, I just try out this theme on the WDTV Live Gen. third I’m very excited about this theme, everything works great except for one small thing that bothers me. The created movie sheet is too big and very pixelated. How do I get back in the correct resolution. I’ve already looked at the video guide, but it does not get out easily.
Would be nice if someone could help me.

Best regards

Please read the Black colored Text on Page (1) of this Thread.

1 Like

Thanks for posting the video tutorial. It was very helpful.

Are there any confirmed working themes that use movie sheets with the hub using the latest firmware?

If not, I will do a search on how to revert back to an older firmware version that works with this last updated theme of yours.

Also if I have the WDTV SMP with Black Mamba installed and already have movies sheets generated with thumbgen for Black Mamba theme will I have to use only one theme across all devices in my network or can I use two different themes, one for the SMB and one for the Hub? Would I have to generate two seperate movie sheets for the two themes? Is this even possible?

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions on this matter.

I believe you’re asking about the aeonish theme by joey since you posted here, unfortunately this theme isnt compatible with the last fw, (i still hope someday…) for the others i don’t know sorry

About the black manba you should post in the black mamba thread

o/

Is there a mirror of the files anywhere? I’ve downloaded the theme but then hotfile just keeps telling me im already downloading something, waited over 2 hrs. Still the same.

I hope you don’t mind but I have used this menu format on a theme that I am using on the Hub.

Just one question though, what is the font you used for the menu (Games, Online, Photos etc)?

As this menu was created before WD put games on the hub, this menu is no available. Also there is no firmware upgrade menu. I want to change the ONLINE to SERVICES.

Are you able to let me know the font so I can upgrade this to my liking?

Thanks heaps

@Salkeld

Just one question though, what is the font you used for the menu (Games, Online, Photos etc)?

See Page(1)   … look for the download “Fonts”

As this menu was created before WD put games on the hub, this menu is no available.

It certainly does contain the “Games” Menu Option… here’s a look

Also there is no firmware upgrade menu.

I deliberately removed it, because if you upgrade then the Theme wont display properly. 

(Apply WD Mochi(Default) Theme if you wish to upgrade, and break compatability)

I want to change the ONLINE to SERVICES.

Just use either GIMP or Photoshop .

Thanks for this. Not sure it the fonts where always there and I just missed it.

Yes the GAMES was there, I was meaning the NOW PLAYING one.

Never used GIMP or Photshop, I use Paint.Net, but that’s just me.

Thanks again.

@Salkeld

Thanks for this. Not sure it the fonts where always there and I just missed it.

The Fonts are called Aeon Main CE.ttf and Aeon Player CE.ttf  … you will find them in the Thumbgen Templates Font download on Page(1)

(However, i did vertically stretch them in GIMP for the Home Menu)

Yes the GAMES was there, I was meaning the NOW PLAYING one.

Try Page(88)

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/%C3%86onish-Hub-FR-Revision-2/td-p/181990/page/88