Æonish Hub ReV2 [WDTV LIVE HUB]

Ha… well I clicked like 3 pages back and found a couple of threads with another user who sounded like he was having the same issue… So I guess I didn’t look hard enough?

Sounds like the issue is the firmware - that stinks.  I feel like there have been some pretty cool enhancements recently (like the iOS app).  

Follow up question(s)… if I were to redo TumbGen and make jpgs instead of pngs - would that make a difference?  Does Aeonish work with the “default” content the WDTV will pull when selecting “Get Content Info”?

Thanks again…

Ok… progress is made.

I downgraded to 2.07 and my problem was solved instantly.  I’m sure everyone already knew that would happen…

It’s awesome.  It’s working exactly as I’d like… the only question I have now is about how everyone stores their files? 

I have mine folder like this: .\WDTVLiveHub (default share)\Videos\Movies (I also have a TV folder at that level)

I’ve always used the “Folder” filter… so when I go to “Video” from the main screen, I first have to select WDTVLiveHub, then Videos, then Movies.  If I turn on the “All” filter, it shows all of my movies immediately when I click the main “Video” link from the main screen, but it mixes in my TV shows as well…

My question is - how can I get the “first” level once I click “Video” to display Movies and TV?  Or is this just the way it is, and I need to deal with it… Any help is appreciated.

@BillTubbs

I’ve always used the “Folder” filter… so when I go to “Video” from the main screen, I first have to select WDTVLiveHub, then Videos, then Movies.  If I turn on the “All” filter, it shows all of my movies immediately when I click the main “Video” link from the main screen, but it mixes in my TV shows as well…

My question is - how can I get the “first” level once I click “Video” to display Movies and TV?  Or is this just the way it is, and I need to deal with it… Any help is appreciated.

Sorry, but that’s the 'Way it Is"  with WD Media Devices.

(For years XBMC has always had the option for users to “Set a Path” to Movies and TV Shows which you would think wouldve become an Industry Standard for all Media Players to Feature. Sadly this isnt the case.)

1 Like

I use the folder view as well. I have directly in root, my genre folders and a TV shows folder., then when I click on Video from homescreen it goes to the WDTV folder and then I see all my genre folders and TVshows folder. inside my TV shows folder is all the searies folders, then inside those are the season folders followed by the files.

From what I read what joey was stating about the xmbc is true about the WDTV in the newer firmwares. I think 3.0+ where you can set your starting point, however theme building **bleep** in the newere firmwares.

In the older firmwares, I think 204 and earlier the WDTV folder was not seen when clicking on video.

I Assumed BillTubbs was talking about Internal Local Storage…

Because   WDTVLiveHub  does not appear on my Live Hub using “Shares”

It only appears when im using Local Internal Storage.

“Shared or Media Served Across a Network”

Will work with Clicking “Videos” and take you to a Screen displaying the Various Movies and TV Folders Because the ‘Paths’ are defined in the Media Server and/or Share

2 Likes

All my movies and TV shows are stored on local 1TB drive. My music is networked only.
I am running FW2.07 which does not have the path setting but from what I have read, new firmwares do

if this is true … i would like someone to confirm it

P.S. Internal Storage

Videos (Homescreen) / WDTVLiveHub / Movies

Reading this from your post … then when I click on Video from homescreen it goes to the WDTV folder and then I see all my genre folders and TVshows folder   sounds misleading.

eg.

Videos (Homescreen) /  Movies

Ah… that’s a good call Joey, I hadn’t thought of that.  

The only quibble with that approach is that the local storage (and, not having to stream the content from my network storage) is one of the things I liked most about the hub.  Previously - I had a 2nd generation Apple TV and had a b*tch of a time trying to get it to stream larger rips (using Boxee).  I’m guessing a lot of that may be due to the underpowered ATV - but, I like having the local content.  The speed is awesome.  Just curious - in your “speed” videos online, is that content local or network?

Ultimately - I think I may just remove the TV shows from the device and use the “All” filter.  I don’t have many shows (did it for fun), and never watch them (any TV shows we watch on the Hub, we launch from Netflix).  I like clicking on Videos, and instantly seeing the sweet movie sheets.

It’s all “Local Internal / External USB Storage”

I too, purchased the Hub for Playback with Internal Storage. (+ 2x 1TB External WD Elements SE Drives)

Only just got into Media Server and Network Shares after helping a friend out the other day.

Got my PC / PS3 / XBOX360 and WDTV Live Hub all on the Same Network Now … Sweet

I Particularly Like the PS3 Scene Indexing Thumbnail Feature 15/30 Second Intervals and 1/5 Minute Intervals.

PS3 MediaServer to the HUB… Transcodes WMV2 (WMP8) Great !  (The Hub will not Natively Play These)

Hi Everyone,

I’m new to this forum and have been following all the great themes out there and want to start off by saying great work to all the themers.

I own an SMP and have the Aeonish FR2 theme installed for the most part all works but the only problem I’m having is that the pictures are a little pixelated and the thumbnails are very pixelated.

I was using an earlier version AeonDark and all worked perfect is there any thing I can do to make Aeonish work the same as AeonDark?

Thanks.

Nearly a Year old theme i can barely remember…

Aeonish Hub uses PNG Graphics Renamed to JPG to Display Rounded Corners and Transparency for Thumbnails.

Which was developed for the Live Hub for Firmware 2.07.17… any Firmware after that, dosent work. Including probably all Firmware for the SMP.

AeonDark, though i cant remember it … almost certainly used true proper JPG’s

P.S. Aeonish Hub Developed for the WDTV Live Hub for Firmware 2.07.17… is Not a Recommendation…

It’s a Requirement  for it to Work Properly .  

Thanks Joey,

I figured that Aeon Dark was using true jpg and thats why it worked, I guess i will have too wait for the png issues to be resolved, besides that your Aeonish Theme is great and works well with the SMP, keep up the great work.

I’ve been gradually working through the process to get the Aeonish theme working but seem to have hit a problem using the Aeonish Batch rename file.

With the first batch of movies I had no problem converting from .png to .jpg but these were done locally on my PC and then tranferred. 

The most recent batch I ran through Thumbgen are already stored in a folder on the internal drive of the Hub.  When I run the Batch rename file none of the .png files convert. 

Any advice/solution most welcome!

hmmm… i just did a batch rename file extension on my files located on the Hubs Internal HDD.

Worked fine.

The Only thing i can think of is … (in XP anyways)  Browsing the Files on your PC Via the Network to the Hub’s Internal HDD … Right Click and the Folder of your Movies/Shows Select 'Properties" then Select ‘Archive’ and Click OK.

Also (to be sure) enter the Folder … Select ALL and Right Click Properties … the ‘Archive’ and ‘OK’

The run the *.bat file to Rename … (double check the *.bat file code is correct by selecting ‘Edit’ and the contents should be       ren *.png *.jpg)

Remember this only works if all the png’s are in a Single Folder …  If your png’s are in many Subfolders then *.bat file wont work … as it does not recursively rename png’s in subfolders.

Basically … if the Movie Files are Marked as “Read Only”  then thats the possible reason why they wont rename.

THanks for the quick reply Joey - I’ve tried that now but with no joy.

Having looked at the “properties” for that folder I’m wondering if it’s a “security” issue of the mapped drive? 

Under “Security” there are three Groups/User names. (Everyone/Root User/Root group).  I can’t seem to set “full control” for any of these, (Only “special perissions” is checked) - Is there anything I have to do to enable this, or am I barking up the wrong tree I wonder

Why dont you just copy the png’s back to your PC and Batch Rename them there… and then copy the renamed png’s to  jpg back to the Hub ?

1 Like

Think I’ll have to! 
It’s just bugging me though!:angry:

THanks

Im using Windows XP and when i get a “Properties” of a Folder located on the Mapped WDTV Live Hub Internal HDD this is all i see…

I get this in XP

and similarly, this in Win7Pro

(Can access the security through “Advanced” but can’t make any changes to privileges).

I’m just transferring to the PC as you suggested for the time being.  Cheers.

no probs, just gotta wait until your images get approved     ( i cant see them )

using Photobucket, Flickr etc  your pics will appear instantly here.

uploading them to this forums server can take several hours (sometimes even a day) until they are visable.