Æonish Hub ReV2 [WDTV LIVE HUB]

two_minutes wrote:

Perhaps I’ve missed this somewhere, but this is a beautiful theme and looks so very impressive.  The only disappointment I have is the IMDB rating info seems to be missing - did I happen to miss that somewhere?

Nope you didn’t miss it, Joey wanted the theme to be nice and clean. If you want media flags you have to add them your self …

Easiest way is to put them on your moviesheets.

07-01-2011 01:40 AM

To get the theme work on music view you have to use the hub “get info” option to get the xml with the album information (yes your hub must be connected to the web I try to make the .xml file manually but the hub doesn’t recognize it) the hub will probably download also an album cover, you have to replace that album cover (keep the same name as the one generated by the hub or if it was not generated just rename your music sheet to have the same name as the .xml file) with the music sheet you create with thumbgen (use quicksheet mode and select Aeonish hub music TGTMP)  as thumbgen haven’t musicsheet support jet, you have to search album cover and backdrops on Google using images search for example, or you can try with some site previously posted in this thread.

It’s a bit annoying

I found this post in this thread here. And that was why I thought you need the .xml from the hub.

Thanks for reply - is this done through Thumbgen?  Is it fairly simple to do?  Excuse my ignorance, but I tried searching through the board and on google on how to use “media flags” in TG and have not had any luck.   

This theme is by far my favourite and I would most definitely like to use it.

this is probably the post you were looking for:  Music XML generator

This can generate the hub xml for music, then you can use Joeys TG template for images unless you use his id3tag version then this same xml creator makes images too as it embeds them

two_minutes wrote:

Thanks for reply - is this done through Thumbgen?  Is it fairly simple to do?  Excuse my ignorance, but I tried searching through the board and on google on how to use “media flags” in TG and have not had any luck.   

This theme is by far my favourite and I would most definitely like to use it.

It can be done using Thumbgen Designer.

Example:

That’s exactly what I am looking for - looks beautiful.

I am just new to the whole movie sheets world and believe I have a pretty decent grip on how to produce a sheet without much issue.

Is designing something similar to what you have fairly complicated in TG Designer?  Or is it a pretty straightforward process?  Can you give me a couple steps?  Much appreciated.

Very nice. :slight_smile:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but in order to have an output similar to what you are showing it requires an edit of the XML file?  Is it something would care to post with rest of the community?  It really looks great and going through this thread I believe there would be several people that would be quite grateful. 

If not I can always try and take a stab at it lol.  Thanks in advance.

You have to edit the Template.xml Joey provided for the theme.

e.g.

Movies

TV Series 1

TV Series 2

Edit: Images awaiting approval …

Edit 2: Images Approved.

Looks good Medic :slight_smile:

@two_minutes:

You would edit the template .xml’s. And of course i will share, will upload my modified template when i get home.

Great job - thanks much appreciated.

Best on the world.

But an error in the cover art for music: the CD case is square. The embedded cover is rectangular, upright. Look up and down out and distorted. Looks like a DVD box cover. Applies to view “Music” and “current playback”. Can you fix it? Sorry 4 my Bad English

Joey,

Top shelf work!

Regarding TV Series Sheets. I tried re-creating the episode sheets from your “Band of Brothers” demo folder by removing the .jpg & .xml files. I started ThumbGen and got to the image selection/generation page. Was able to select both the backdrop and fanart no problem. However, I can’t figure out how to add the text info (season, episode, title, synopsis) to the right-most section of the image, below the fanart. How does one do that?

@mMcCorner

There are 2 Versions of the Theme on Page(1) for download.

Æonish Hub - FR Revision 2  FIRMWARE REVISION 2.07.17

(Is Intended for Use with Manually Created “Music Sheets”)

Æonish Hub - FR Revision 2  FIRMWARE REVISION 2.07.17 (MUSIC ID3) MOD

(Is Intended for Use with ID3 Tagged Music Files.  In WD Firmware “List View is Shared with Video/Music/Photo. I created a “2nd” List View for ID3 Tagged Music and Playback. Press Yellow Button on Remote to Change Views”

@ AudioEng

Tv Series Sheets are Created Using “Thumbgen” Software with the supplied “Æonish Hub TV Show Template

http://thumbgen.org/

1 Like

@JoeySmyth: tnx - best of all - big Kudo :slight_smile:

i think, there is NO View “now playing” for Music in the AEonish-Theme?

So if i hear one Album and go to another Menue, i can’t go back to the current album or next song.

i think, there is NO View “now playing” for Music in the AEonish-Theme?

So if i hear one Album and go to another Menue, i can’t go back to the current album or next song.

I Designed it that way,  because the “Now Playing” is a ‘Dynamic’ Screen which “Pops Up” almost like a Hidden Screen when used the ‘Static Screens’ on the Home Menu … and Visually Disrupts the Home Menu Screen Order.

I Deliberately Removed it … Sorry, no ‘Workaround’ planned.

I Also “Deliberately Removed” the ‘Firmware Update’ Notification Screen… Sorry again (For the Same Reason as Stated Above) … this Theme does not display properly with Firmware Above 2.07.17 … Which is why i removed it.

(Apply ‘Default Mochi Theme’ if you wish to upgrade your Firmware and Lose PNG Functionality and  Display Compatibility with Aeonish Theme)

1 Like

thank you for fast answere. now i am know, that i make no mistake :wink:

by the way, on my LiveHub is newest Firmeware 3.03.13 and i think the AEonish works good enough for me. (maybe you will test it)

@mMcCorner

by the way, on my LiveHub is newest Firmeware 3.03.13 and i think the AEonish works good enough for me. (maybe you will test it)

Ive Tested my Theme with Every Firmware Version after 2.07.17

and it does not display the way i intended after spending  hundreds of hours, days, months in creating it.

which isnt good enough for me.    :cry:

Joey… question.  

I’ve been hemming and hawing on whether or not to use a theme for a while… (I had a home build XBMC before, and while I loved the look of it, I got so tired of always having to “tinker” with it to make it work how I wanted.  The WDTV Live Hub was a nice compromise for me - and I was so happy with the first that I got a second)…

So - I decided last night to install your theme (the ID3 one).  Other than waiting for Hotfile, it was a piece of cake.  Downloaded, ran thumbgen on my movies, removed all of the WDTV “downloaded” content (the WDTV generated XML and thumbnails) etc… 

The theme seems to work great, seems faster than the Moochi theme… but I CANNOT get any of the movie sheets to appear… What am I doing wrong?

My movie directory is setup exactly as your “demo” directory does (all files in a single Movie directory)…

.\Movies\MovieName.avi (or mkv, or whatever the extension is)

.\Movies\MovieName.xml (using the WDTV xml format in Thumbgen)

.\Movies\MovieName.jpg (png movie sheet using the Aeonish theme for ThumbGen, renamed to a jpg)

Any thoughts?  I tried clearing the content database on the WDTV (twice), no luck.  I’ve tried reading through this thread - but finding an answer is like finding a needle in a haystack.  I’m on the latest revision of the WDTV Firmware (3.013?) - and I know that’s not ideal, but I wanted to get a feel for what I was missing before downgrading permanently.

Thanks many - I appreciate any tips.