Advice to WD to improve RMA process (mods/admins plz read)

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the delay in responding - I wanted to make sure I had some concrete information before I did.

The issue has finally been diagnosed and a technical fix is in the works that will allow the system to properly see the value of the affected serials.

Thank you again to everyone who provided a serial number via PM as these were invaluable to our developers. Once the fix is tested and deployed (this process usually only takes a few days unless another problem is discovered - if this occurs I will reply back to this thread with a status update) I will reply back to this thread.

Good news. I have been informed that the issue has now been resolved and you should be able to create advanced RMA’s for the affected drives. Please let us know if the RMA system continues to exhibit this behavior for any of your drives.

At this time since this issue has been resolved and we have no new reports on this thread about this issue, I’m going to go ahead and close the thread to avoid confusion if a similar problem occurs again in the future. If you come across similar behavior in the future and wish to post about it please create a new thread.