Advice to WD to improve RMA process (mods/admins plz read)

I have checked 2 8TB units from our new workstations and can confirm that the poster ‘stansleydd’ above is correct about the 8TB WD80EFZX model. It also has this 0 value problem.

Bill_S, I have subscribed to this thread, so please make a post when your programmer has fixed this problem. Thank you.

Will do.

its very long im so scare to lost my datas :frowning:

You can call in to support and they will be able to do an advance RMA for you.

but but but im bad to speak english :frowning: (im better for writing :wink: )

You could always try emailing them and see how it goes.

Contact Support
http://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en

maybe im too much scary guy but i dont wanna to share my credit card number on the phone :stuck_out_tongue:

so any ETA about this fix plssssss?

I’m checking on it, now. Part of the fix requires some work, but I’ll see where we’re at on it.

@Flash37

Your model number has been fixed. You should be able to create the RMA now.

omg im so happy but now i tryed this and i cry :crying_cat_face:

I’m sorry. I’m having the programmer look at it to see what’s going on.

Flash37: You must make sure that you have added your address BEFORE you create a advanced RMA. You cannot add the address for the first time on the RMA creation page. I have discovered from many trials that if you do not do this, ALL products will have 0 value. This is another problem with the website but there is this work around. This option to add your address is in the “Account Settings” panel. But it will be different in French language.

Unfortunately, the website also sometimes will not add the address even in the Account Settings screen(UPS not recognized or blacklist?). For this you can try to make a different account or use a different address. Advance RMA is very difficult to complete because of all these problems.

@Akinori_Hishiya

Thank you for that insight. I’ve sent your post over to be reviewed by our programmers.

cryyyy that not work :frowning:

very disapointed about that :frowning:

Hello. Lucky I find this message. My English is very bad, sorry. Please correct PR4100 model 0 problem for me to RMA advance. To switch on power sometimes not working now. I put a picture. Thank you

@NoahTech

Please try creating the RMA now.

OMG THX GOD :smiley: im so happy

@Flash37

It took us a bit to figure out what was causing it, and then to fix it. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you! Working now