Advance RMA still a service?

I ordered an advanced RMA on 11/3 to replace an in-warranty portal WD Drive less than a year old with clicking and bad sectors. So far, the status just says waiting for return, like it is not an advanced RMA? When can I expect to get the replacement drive so I can ship back the defective one? It has been a while since I RMA a WD drive, but I don’t recall the service being this awful.

Good luck with getting any response at all. I sent my RMA, although not an advance RMA, over 2 months ago. I’ve done multiple chats and phone calls. Keep getting told they will escalate the cast, but I’ve heard nothing from them. The last update on my RMA is from when they received the drive back on 9/22. Absolutely crazy the horrendous customer service they have now.

I had to contact CS to get a replacement drive sent out. Their excuse was the drive model was out of stock, so they sent me a different model drive. The interestingly thing is as soon as my defective drive arrived, they immediately sent out a second replacement drive of the out-of-stock model, so that excuse seems like a load of $#%&. I wish they would give the UPS tracking number when they ship stuff out, the only reason I can track the package is because UPS tells me all the items coming to my address. Overall, I get the fun of returning, or more than likely rejecting delivery, of a second drive. I would highly recommend everyone avoid WD until they get their $&#& together.