Administering MyBook from more than 1 machine, and, copying files to MBL via supplied cable

I want to have admin access to the MBL from more than 1 machine. Can I just install the software on a different machine? Will I need a different admin password?

I want to remove Gigs of data off of  a machine onto MBL. I want to do that via cable as that method is likely the fastest and most reliable.  Can I connect the supplied cable to the ethernet port on a MacBook Pro and transfer files to the MBL that way?

phatbooklive wrote:

I want to have admin access to the MBL from more than 1 machine. Can I just install the software on a different machine? Will I need a different admin password?

You can do that froma any computer on the same network as the MBL, just type the IP address of the MBL on a browser (Or the name of your MBL ending in “.local” [DOTlocal]) and it will take you to the admin page. No additional software is needed for that.

phatbooklive wrote:

I want to remove Gigs of data off of  a machine onto MBL. I want to do that via cable as that method is likely the fastest and most reliable.  Can I connect the supplied cable to the ethernet port on a MacBook Pro and transfer files to the MBL that way?

Yes you can.