Adding a 2nd WDex4100

I already own a WDMyCloudEX4100 16tb up and running the name is the factory WDmycloudEX4100 as is the description, it is currently on a DHCP slot on my network and I can access it, added a test share and uploaded a file using the desktop app in windows 10. I really haven’t gone further until I really plan out what I want to do… so, I’ll call that Unit 1

Tomorrow, I will be receiving a 2nd WDMyCloudEX4100 16TB (for future upgrades) but I want to fire it up and get it running and run some tests for a while… My question is, The Name assigned by the factory I"m sure will be WDmycloudex4100 as will the description but my guess it will pick up a different DHCP network address but my concern is will having both units name and description the same be a conflict on the network… Or Should I call the New one WDMycloudEX4100_2 and to do that do I have to turn off the first one before I fire up the 2nd one?

I"m just trying to get a heads up on how to proceed so when I plug it in tomorrow I don’t have a big meltdown Nothing special and I know I have a learning curve on all what do with them but first, I need to get both up and running on my network…

Any Suggestions will be appreciated.
Dave

@davidki,

Why not configure the second one with a crossover cable connected directly to a laptop or desktop with the settings (Name, Description, etc) you want before putting it onto your main network ? I think this would get around any potential issues with a naming conflict.

I think you are a “brave” person buying a second one of these ( at least based on what my run has been with these units).

Cheers,

JediNite

Thanks for your reply, Well, from talking with my brother the Network relys on the IP address it is given, so, 2 units should not be an issue… . Until…

I received the 2nd replacement unit, it arrived DOA with 3 out of the 4 drives bad at start up. I can understand from time to time getting 1 DOA, but 2 back to back, this is a real Quality Control Issue… Attempting to deal with WD Customer Service and Tech Supprt is a disaster… . I can say, this will be my last purchase of any WD NAS units… How the heck can a company ship a product that has 3 out of 4 drives DOA just blows my mind… Now I have to deal with getting them to understand that it not a warranty issue, it is a manufacturing = Qc issue… I am really Pissed!

I hear ya. I gave up dealing with WD a long time ago. Just spent the weekend setting up a new QNAP NAS and migrating all my data over to it. Not looking back on the decision at all.