Add/remove apps button grayed out on ex4100

Hi guys,

as mentioned above: I cannot add apps. Is there any prior setting neccessary to allow/activate this?

Thanks,
-julian

Which firmware version are you running? Is the cloud access activated?
Do you use dhcp or manual ip adressing?

hi and thx for your answer,

I use 2.11.133 fw. I dont use any Cloud Features and it has a Manual IP.
Yesterday evening, all of a sudden after a reboot of the NAS the Button was working. I dont know why, I haven’t Change anything.

When weird things happen with devices the best thing to try is reboot device.

I actually have an issue in that I clicked on/opened (not added) the P2P app, and ever since it added the P2P folder to my DL2100, and ONLY that add/delete button is greyed out so I cannot delete the darn thing!

I think the p2p app can not be deleted. I will try this with my ex2100 this evening.

I am not trying to delete the app, I am trying to delete the folder made on my DL2100 that was created when I only clicked on the app name in the APPS section.

Ok the app itself cannot be deleted. I will test what happens if i activate/deactivate it.
Maybe the folder gets protected during activation. Did you try rm through ssh?

OK. If I cannot remove/delete a folder through ordinary means, I am not going to resort to SSH. Thanks for helping.

I’ve had a similar issue recently, where a JavaScript error was preventing the add app button from being enabled.

Curiously enough it’s just a matter of forcing it to be enabled, you can do it following these steps:

1. Right click the page anywhere and choose Inspect Element
  2. Click the “Console” tab
  3. Paste this command and then press enter:
$('#apps_installed_button').removeClass('gray_out');

This will effectively remove the property that disables the button, which should be enough for the software to allow you to click on it and run it successfully.