Add pdo_mysql driver for webserver

I can’t for the life of me figure out how to enable the correct pdo driver to work with what is built into the system.

I know there is a pdo driver for sqlite on there already, however I have some old old old stuff that I have built and it would save me months of work if I could just enable the correct driver. It should be as simple as a few ssh commands when ever the box restarts and reflashes itself to enable it.

I ran across this guide when I was thinking of using it as a webserver. Essentially just mapping a new share to /etc/var/www/website and using the built in Apache2 server.

I dont know if I could find the correct package and just use wget to fetch it or what would be the easiest way.

I found these, but I am nervous because I am not too familiar with linux that is native to an appliance so to speak and I dont want to brick it on accident.

http://ftp.anionix.ru/dists/wheezy-64k/main/binary-armhf/

Any help would be appreciated!

Hi there,

I have not tried this, lets see if another user can share some information or tips on this matter.

Hi @fwttx87,

When I was reading this, my first thought was that it might be better to try and do what you are wanting to do in a docker container on the NAS. This was the configuration changes you do would be isolated from the NAS configuration and at the same time could be made to be persistant between reboots. The docker container can be set to auto start with the NAS.

Hope this points you in the right direction…

JediNite