Add Folders on Networked MyBook to Favourites

ClintonHammond wrote:
Post a screenshot? And how do I do that? 

Take a picture of your screen.

Post it.

I would suggest using the built-in Screen-shot tool, but I fear that would seriously throw you into the deep end.

Take a picture when you’ve cursored over to the folder you want to add to Favorites.

Then press the OPTIONS button.

Then take another picture.

Post both.

You should be seeing this (I’m using GALLERY view.)

Content source is set to MY MEDIA LIBRARY, and desired folder is “highlighted”.

After pressing OPTIONS button, select Favorite.

Immediately after that, you will see it IS added to Favorites, as shown by the Heart.

And now the folder *IS* in the Favorites section of the Dashboard:

These folders appear to refuse to show themselves in My Media Library… So what do I do in that case?

For this entire thread, you’ve said you can see the folders.

And now all the sudden, you can’t?  What did you change that caused this?

What about this “Synch from network folder” in Setup/operation ?

That wasn’t on… I set it up to apparently synch one of the folders I’d like to add to Favourites… It appears to be synching now…

Can I not select more than one folder?

I said I can see the folders, but not in My Media Library… I’ve never been able to see them there.

Dude.  Stay on task.   Sync has NOTHING to do with anything.

Given how maddeningly frustrating this device/this process is, you can’t blame a guy for grasping at straws…

So, if I cannot see these folders in My Media Library, even after I’ve added them, what’s my next step?

ClintonHammond wrote:
I said I can see the folders, but not in My Media Library.

You never said that before.

If the folders don’t show in My Media Library then one of three things are occuring:

1:  There’s no supported media in the folder.

2:  The folder hasn’t been indexed.  Rebooting the Hub will re-index.

3:  You don’t have the FILTER set to FOLDERS.

There is supported media in the folders… I know it’s supported because I can browse to the files and play them…

I did a hard reboot… It is “Compiling Media Library” and accessing the networked MyBook… and nope! still can’t add them to Favourites… have to option to “Add To Media Library” but when I select that “This folder is already added blahblahblah”

Pretty positive my FILTER is set to FOLDERS. That’s why at the top left is says Videos:Folders in Green, right?

So, still no dice…

Ok.  Let me get this straight.

You cannot see the folders in My Media Library – but you can browse to them?   If you can’t see them, how are you browsing to them?

Ummm… 

The networked MyBook is my default (if that’s the right word) Source, so selecting Videos on the main screen GUI takes me to a folder list of what’s on that drive…  So I browse to them that way… 

There are two folders on my Hub, one with movies, one with TV shows that I WAS able to add to Favourites, and I get to them by accessing the Favourites tab “below” the main screen GUI… 

On your Hub, delete ALL the entries from your Media Library manager.

Shut your Hub completely off.

Go into your MBL’s share via your PC, and find the hidden .wd-tv folder.

Delete it.

Turn your hub back on.

Re-add ONLY the SHARE that you want back to the media library.  (Not FOLDERS.)

Wait for it to finish compiling.

Set your content source to My Media Library.

Pardon the quoting, but it’s just easier that way…

On your Hub, delete ALL the entries from your Media Library manager.

DONE… I guess you didn’t also mean the “local” media library though?  I did that… more on that later…

Shut your Hub completely off.

DONE

Go into your MBL’s share via your PC, and find the hidden .wd-tv folder.

Delete it.

DONE

Turn your hub back on.

DONE… however, as I deleted it’s Media Library, I now need to wait for it to recompile… see you in a week??  ;-)  

Re-add ONLY the SHARE that you want back to the media library.  (Not FOLDERS.)

I may need more detailed instructions here, just to be on the safe side…  There are 2 folders on my MBL that I want to add to my favorites… But I do NOT want to add my whole MBL.  

Wait for it to finish compiling.

Still To Happen

Set your content source to My Media Library.

Still To Happen

And btw, Thanks very much for your help so far, Tony!!    

ClintonHammond wrote:

DONE… I guess you didn’t also mean the “local” media library though?  I did that

DONE… however, as I deleted it’s Media Library, I now need to wait for it to recompile… see you in a week??  ;-)      

If you deleted everything from the Media Library Manager, it should only be compiling what is on the internal and USB storage.  Do you really have that much On there?

But really, I have no idea what you did in that first step, because you cannot delete the local storage from the media library manager.

Ok… so it’s recompiled… Local Storage is my current SOURCE  

So, can you expand on this “Re add only the SHARE you want” step?

(Could this thing be ANY less intuative…)  

Tony.

Thank you

I got it.  Thanks to your help, and a fair bit of my own flailing around, I was finally able to add those two folders to my Favs…

Again, thank you.

(wow… did that ever **bleep**!)   (Really???  To “inhale with ones mouth closed” is censored?? Really???   Laughable )