Active directory users not available

I have recently purchased two My Cloud EX4 8GB devices for use as storage on my company network. The first device I set-up seems to work fine and I can see (and allocate shares too) all 140 odd users set up in the active directory.

I’ve just tried to set-up the second device today and despite it seeming to join the domain without issue I can only see around 25% of the active directory users, has anyone any fix for this or know what the issue is?

The only difference between the two devices is that I’ve downloaded and installed the latest firmware on the device I’m currently trying to install. The one I installed a few weeks ago says that there is an update available but obviously I won’t be doing that if the update is causing the problem.

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

Regards,

Thank you for that. I am now in touch with the WD technical support team.

Being new here I’m not sure whether I should now close this thread or leave it open until I have a resolution?

TomBurbury wrote:

Thank you for that. I am now in touch with the WD technical support team.

Being new here I’m not sure whether I should now close this thread or leave it open until I have a resolution?

Report back with how it turns out.

1 Like