Activation Code for WD2GO and WD Photos on Cell Phones

I am having problems getting the activation code for the WD2go and WD Photos apps for my Andriod and wife’s iPhone.  I download and install the App then follow the directions in the “guide me” section to get the activation code but find that I cannot access my activation code via the MyBook Live dashboard (as described as the source for the code in the directions). When I go to the Dashboard, go to Setings, and click on “remote access” there are 2 options: 1) a link to the website advertising WDPhotos, and 2) an option to enable MioNet or sign up for an account.

I am really confused on how I am supposed to access the content on my hard drive with my phone without having to pay a monthly service fee (because Mionet is only a 1 month trial period).  I do not know how to get the activation code to use the WDPhotos and WD2go apps on our phones at this point and am about ready to return the hard drive.

With all that said, I have successfully installed the software and am able to use the hard drive normally. I have already loaded several gigs on already.

Please provide some assistance beacsue I am so excited to get use the hard drive and look forward to using it.

It looks as if you have not downloaded the updated firmware. Version 2.00 firmware and higher supports the new WD 2go app and ver 2.3 of WD Photos.

JohnsonB15 wrote:

I am having problems getting the activation code for the WD2go and WD Photos apps for my Andriod and wife’s iPhone.  I download and install the App then follow the directions in the “guide me” section to get the activation code but find that I cannot access my activation code via the MyBook Live dashboard (as described as the source for the code in the directions). When I go to the Dashboard, go to Setings, and click on “remote access” there are 2 options: 1) a link to the website advertising WDPhotos, and 2) an option to enable MioNet or sign up for an account.

I am really confused on how I am supposed to access the content on my hard drive with my phone without having to pay a monthly service fee (because Mionet is only a 1 month trial period).  I do not know how to get the activation code to use the WDPhotos and WD2go apps on our phones at this point and am about ready to return the hard drive.

With all that said, I have successfully installed the software and am able to use the hard drive normally. I have already loaded several gigs on already.

Please provide some assistance beacsue I am so excited to get use the hard drive and look forward to using it.

First follow these instructions to update your firmware (You want to go to Software Release 2.0 or higher): http://wdc1.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5735

Next, follow these instructions if you want to access your files from a PC or Mac: http://wdc1.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7080

Finally, follow these instructions if you want to access your files from an iOS or Android device: http://wdc1.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7236

None of your links works i get

Fatal Error 

Access Denied

Reason: Client address is not authorized.

razorous wrote:

None of your links works i get

Fatal Error 

Access Denied

Reason: Client address is not authorized.

Dude, could you at least post your operating system and the device you are trying to get working? :neutral_face: