Acronis won't install

I’m trying to install the Acronis WD Edition software that I just downloaded from WDC.com. However, it says that I have to have at least on WD hard drive installed and then it aborts the install. Well, I have 2-WD Black 4 TB drives installed. I suspect the problem is that they’re in a RAID array. Windows Device Manager says “Intel Raid 1 Volume” under the listing for “Disk drives.” So, since I’ve technically met the requirements (i.e. I do have at least 1 WD drive installed) how do I get this software to install?

The application does not support RAID volumes. As such, it may not detect your units.

I suspected as much, but didn’t see this in the requirements. The requirement was that I have at least one WD drive install, which I do. Do you know if I put in a 3rd, non RAID WD drive to install the software then remove the drive, will it still work or will I need to leave the 3rd drive installed? I have an old drive lying around that I could do this with.

You will be able to install the app, but it may not run if it does not detect an independent WD hard drive. Additionally, even if the 3rd hard drive is left installed the app will sill not recognize your RAID volume.