Acronis WD Edition Win10 fails on Clone since 03.2018

Software: latest Acronis Tue-Image downloaded from WD-page
HW: 2x WD 256GB SSD HD (1 internal, 1 via USB docking-station)

I´ve bought WD drives because of the abailibility to clone the drive holding the OS with the WD edition of Acronis

This worked for:

• old PC with WinXP 128GB WD HD, now replaced by 256GB WD SSD, doing clone on a second WD SSD
  • ~ 3yrs old Laptop Medion (i3) Win10, 2x 256 GB WD SSD HD!
    Did clone every week and got an exact replacement when Laptop disk may fail or Virus destroys original installation

Now I have a new ASUS Laptop, delivered with 1 1TB HD

• I have cloned this HD to an external WD SDD (256GB) an this WORKED!
  • I replaced the internal HD by the cloned 256GB WD and the System is working!

Now: for backup reasons (having the exact clone of the OS + installed SW) I want to do a clone eevery week
→ THIS Always Fails now !!!

The System does immideatly reboot after Acronis asks for “Restart your PC” (imo this was reported earlier)

I Need a CLONE from internal to the external drive because:

• Backup does not offer a 1:1 bootable drive wth exactly same intallation
  • I cannot clone from external to internal because cannot always open the Laptop housing to do clone

Something might happen to the latest Win10 updates to lock Acronis cloning, because on older Laptop and for the first time on this one ~Feb. 2018 it did work.

Sometimes, this may be caused due to Secure Boot, which is a security measure built into a system’s BIOS to prevent ‘untrustworthy’ firmware from running, does not allow this boot path as part of the cloning process.

You may try to check after disable of Secure Boot from BIOS. Once the cloning process is finished, re-enable the Secure Boot option in BIOS.