Acronis True Image WD Edition Compatability

Is Acronis True Image WD Edition compatible with the Win7 64-bit OS?  What about the  Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows - is it compatibe?

I just added a 1Tb WD Black drive to my desktop and want to create a mirror image of the 1Tb boot drive.  I assumed that using the Acronis software would allow me to make an identical copy of my boot drive but the WD website only states support for WinXP and Vista.  Any advice?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Neither of those utilities are supported in Windows 7, yet.  I do believe they are working on updates for both of them.  I do not know when they’ll be available, though.

1 Like

I agree with the not ready for Win 7 assessment but the WD docs for version 1.17 WD Data Lifeguard.do not agree with that.

I just downloaded  and installed  version 1.17 of  WD Data Lifeguard.

The release notes explicitly  adv  that  version  1.17 is designed for use on Win 7 32 and 64 bit.

installed and ran as a member of the administrators group.

I have win 7 Ultimate , 64bit , with 2 WD 1T black caviar installed as well as 2 WD removable drives on USB 2.0 ports.

The software did not recognize any drives.

Each execution of the software prompts for license agreement.

Tried running  Win 7 x64 install as Win XP SP3 compatible and  software recognizes drives but fials to initiate write zeros function with a  WD “cable write error”. (I can write to all the drives from while running the test.

I also have Win XP SP3 machine . Version 1.17 runs well there and can access the USB drives (including write zeros)

Sadly, I uninstalled.

Maybe WD needs to correct the release notes.

Cheers to All

Vista Ultimate x64 - Intel Core i7 920, 12 GB DDR3

WD5000AAKS and WD6401AALS

I downloaded and burned the Diag504fCD.iso image using two computers and two different ISO burners, Roxio and Nero Burning ROM.  When I attempt to boot to either CD I get this message:

Unable to locate the License Agreement file, DLGLICE.TXT!!!

Please make sure that the License Agreement file is located in the same path as DLGDIAG.EXE…

After installing WinDLG v1.17, both drives listed above return [11-Cable Test::Write sector error!]  when I attempt to run the Quick Test.  I opened the case and checked that the cables were seated properly in the sockets on the MoBo and drives.  Ran DLG v1.17 again with the same result.  The SMART Data and drive info including model and S/N is displayed but tests will not run.

And yes, I did run WinDLG as an Administrator.  I’m wondering if it’s perhaps an issue with the security features at the hardware level or in the BIOS.

It’s no cable problem but a Win7 incompatibility: read here on:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Desktop/11-Cable-Test-Write-sector-error/td-p/3479/highlight/false/page/5

(using V1.13 “fixes” it)

Western Digital just released its Latest DLG Diagnostics version 1.21 update.

Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows, Version 1.21
http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=609&sid=3&lang=en