Accidentally reboot while formatting

Hello,

1. I bought a new WD10 EARS  sata hard disk and was formatting it using quick formatting for windows xp. I accidentally rebooted the machine and now when I try to install xp, it says the hard disk has error. how do I “reset” the hard disk.
  2.  Another followup question for once I fix my **bleep** new Hard disk. I bought an adapther where I stick it onto the SATA harddisk and I can plug in the power and IDE cable. I’m using an old motherboard ASUS P4VP-MX.

So everything was fine, I was formatting it (normal)… but at the end it always give me an error saying that formatting failed. (Thats when I got itchy fingers and reboot it when i tried quick format and it was stuck there forever)
And by the way… it says formatting under IRQ 0 bla bla bla all 0’s … i’m guessing thats bad and my motherboard BIOS doesnt support it?

Hello!

If your drive is detected by your BIOS upon startup, you should be okay.  Once you’re running an operating system, it will load its own 32-bit or 64-bit drivers and no longer use BIOS functions.

I’ll bet if you write zeros to the drive, you’ll be able to initialize and then format the drive without further problems.  Check out this knowledge base article and let me know if this works for you:

KB 1211: How to low level format or write zeros (full erase) to a WD hard drive or Solid State drive