Accidentally changed settings to HDMI without cable

I accidentally changed the input settings for my WD to HDMI and only problem is i cant find my cable.  Being a long weekend i wont be able to get out and get a HDMI cable until Tuesday.  Is there any way i can change the settings?  I have tried pressing the reset - but its still on HDMI.  Is there any way to get into the settings and change them ?

While im typing this - Im thinkign there may not be a solution but to wait - but iI can only ask right :slight_smile:

Cheers … FM

Try using the analogue video cable output or the component cable output on the WDTV. If you have a friendly neighbour their TV.

Fmluder93 wrote:

I accidentally changed the input settings for my WD to HDMI and only problem is i cant find my cable.  Being a long weekend i wont be able to get out and get a HDMI cable until Tuesday.  Is there any way i can change the settings?  I have tried pressing the reset - but its still on HDMI.  Is there any way to get into the settings and change them ?

While im typing this - Im thinkign there may not be a solution but to wait - but iI can only ask right :slight_smile:

Cheers … FM

If you have not got a HDMI cable how do you know what it is set to? Are you saying that there is no composite or component output?

Fmluder93 wrote:

Cheers … FM

How about using the reset hole (next to the side/top USB plug).  After you reset to factory, it will default to Composite.

Before you try reset, try this first:

Do a cold restart (i.e. : power down/up - unplug the power plug, wait a minute or two,  than replug), I am pretty sure the Composite will come on without even a reset.  I did that long time ago, but with so many firmware version since, I am not sure if cold restart will still work.  If it does, great, if not, do the factory reset via the reset hole.

The composite should be there without a reset. You do not set the unit to HDMI or Composite. Composite should be there as well as HDMI. In fact on my Live I can attach HDMI, component and composite cables and flick between all 3 on my TV without any need to set up anything in the WD menu.

I can also switch between HDMI and component with my Samsung Plasma TV without any resolution issues. Panasonic Plasma TV’s are a different story. With Panasonic Plasma TV’s, the WD boot up logo will be displayed then the screen will go black and stay black or the TV will display bad horizontal scanning distortion. With the Panasonic Plasma TV’s you need either a composite or component cable to set up the correct HDMI resolution. I have no doubt there are other digital TV’s on the market that need a composite or component cable to set up the correct resolution. Sony bluray players are another example of requiring a composite or component cable to set up the TV HDMI resolution.  

The point is that the original poster does not have an HDMI lead. I am pointing out that he does not need one.

The whole question seems very odd to me. Without the lead how does he know its changed? As I have said if you are watching via composite it does not matter how the HDMI is set. Anyway he has not come back so he must have solved it.

thank you to all the replies.  i unplugged everything and hit the reset as mentioned above and it went back to default!  sorry i didnt reply earlier - my email provider was down for maintenance!

thanks again :slight_smile: