Accessing when the hub is OFF?

Should I really still be able to access my internally stored content via my network when the hub itself is off???    I only ask because that seems really counter-intuative to me…

This appears to be by design, and it’s something I really like - my children can stream movies to their computers, even though I’m not using the hub.

You can turn it off completely, by holding down the power button for five seconds.

The only thing that annoy me about “standy” mode is that it doesn’t fully disengage the HDMI, so my switcher refuses to automatically turn back to my previous device.

I don’t mind the feature myself (Except that I can hear the fan when nothing else is on in my living room) but I just wanted to make sure something wasn’t wrong

thanks!

:slight_smile:

It is by design. The hub functions as a simple NAS when in quick standby. As the last poster said if you press the standby button for about 5 seconds then this facility is switched off together with the fan and the hub is put into a deeper standby.

Boy do I wish that “deeper standby” was an option right off the power button on the remote!  :-) 

ClintonHammond wrote:

Boy do I wish that “deeper standby” was an option right off the power button on the remote!  :-) 

It is.  Just hold the remote power button down for about 5 seconds.

Hey!  That’s cool!  

But… how do I program my Harmony Remote to do that!!! 

(Man, this hub really makes me feel dumb sometimes)

Unfortunately, you CANNOT program the Harmony to do that.

For some BIZARRE reason, Logitech requires that you open a support ticket to do customizations requiring a REPEATING KEY.