Accessing Wd My Cloud Linux - Firefox

Dear someone from WD,

I’ve google’ed alot and I’ve tried (possibly) everything in my power, can someone help me.

I’m trying to access wd my cloud through wd2go.com because there’s no wd my cloud desktop application for Linux (this is already weird to me, but understandable due to programmers working under silly management).

But there’s an error!

Here’s a copy pasta from the Java console:

Java Plug-in 11.31.2.13
Using JRE version 1.8.0_31-b13 Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM
User home directory = /home/gerard

c:   clear console window
f:   finalize objects on finalization queue
g:   garbage collect
h:   display this help message
l:   dump classloader list
m:   print memory usage
o:   trigger logging
q:   hide console
r:   reload policy configuration
s:   dump system and deployment properties
t:   dump thread list
v:   dump thread stack
x:   clear classloader cache
0-5: set trace level to

Missing Application-Name manifest attribute for: http://wdmycloud-device1439746.wd2go.com/mapdrive/map-drive.jar?v=18

I’ve did some google’ing about the error and the fix is very straight-forward. Add an ‘Application-name’ to the manifest file in the jar.

Question: I can (possibly) do this myself because I’m a programmer! :smiley: *hooray*

But will this void my warranty?

PS: This is like a 5 minute fix (extract Jar file - edit manifest - build and sign Jar file - upload - done) which can be planned in by WD project management. Could this be done please? Thanks.

if you are talking about modifying a file in the link supplied I don’t think WD would like that as that is there web server, not your mycloud device.

I doubt if there Java program could work on Linux as it is set to map a drive in Windows, maybe if you can force it to think you are a mac and there may even be a different procedure

good luck

Hmm, by changing my user-agent? Or how would I be able to force the WD Mycloud to think that I’m a Mac?

“if you are talking about modifying a file in the link supplied I don’t think WD would like that as that is there web server, not your mycloud device.”

Ehrm, is that the case? Isn’t the url provided a link to my device and thus my map-drive.jar file.

I just added a test.txt file and the link just goes directly there:

http://wdmycloud-device1439746.wd2go.com/test.txt

So the link is just a link to my NAS :stuck_out_tongue: