Accessing the dashboard on the DX400

I have an unknown error on the 2008R2 dx4000 unit. When I go check things out, I have a unknown critical error and a where it normal states the errors, it shows no data with a down arrow.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Bob

Not sure
I would restart the server.
Check the date on the server.
Make sure the windows server essentials services are started especially health
if the error is still there, right click it and delete
then refresh
if it comes back post a screen shot?

Gramps,
I dug into it further to find there was not enough disk space on C: for it to write. Ran disk clean-up and all is okay, I need to increase the partition size.

Bob

hard to change partition
get something like WINDIRSTAT and see if you can find what is eating the space

Gramps,
Ran clean-up and moved the $Windows.~BT (??) to the D drive, removed all the Multilanguage Net Frame 4.5. Now I have almost 6gig which should be good. I don’t use it for backup of the PC’s I use the other DX4000 server. Thank you for all your input, have a great evening.

Bob

You had ~BT on the Server hard drive c:?
If this is a DX4000 server we are talking about you should have more than 6gb free unless you have installed some program on it that uses C:

Gramps,
Good Morning,
I don’t recall ever loading any programs except all the updates. On the D: drive under server folders are all the music and movies. I can send you a file showing what is on the C; if you can tell me what is there that doesn’t belong.
Thanks,
Bob
Or I can try and compare the 2 DX4000 and see if I can see any difference.

Gramps,
I have compared the 2 units, and the 12T unit has a few more things installed (all language Framework 4.5) etc. and still has about 28g out of the 60g allocated for it. The 4t unit has less installed and still only has 4 g available to it. I have compared the 2 units, ran cleanup and still only have the 4g. I am at a loss so I think I should increase the capacity of the C: drive to 1T if the server software can handle it. I am going to have to research the max it can handle. I would reset but do not want to have to reload all the updates.
Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated,
Bob

You need something like WINDIRSTAT to see what is using the space

Gramps,
As much as I don’t want to say it, but there wasn’t any room to load anything 0 bytes available. I started comparing each directory between the 2 servers and came across this directory which had consumed over 25 gig c:\windows\logs\cbs. I deleted all the txt and doc files which were not on the other server and gained back all the space. I have checked different operations to make sure everything functioned, and are in the process of rebooting to insure it will come back up, which it did, I now have 35.8 gig of free space.
Thanks for all the support,

Bob

Well you should have been able to install it on d: :slight_smile:

You are soooo correct… But as I have been dealing with this issue, sometimes you just get so frustrated, you don’t think of the obvious. Thanks Again,
Bob