Accessing Private folders remotely with MyBookLive and MyCloud

Hi,
I was hoping someone could help me with a query I have. Before I was able to access all my folders that were either public or private that I have on my Western Digital My Book Live 2TB NAS drive remotely when using either the web based MyCloud or the Android app. Now I can only access the public folders only from either?
Is there a way to put this feature back on as the whole point of buying the NAS for me was to be able to remotely access my private folders but also to allow my customers to view and download their images from my NAS as well, something that they cannot now do??

Hello,

You should be able to access private shares remotely except for “Time Machine Backup” and “WD Smartware” as they are dedicated for the backup applications.Then you can access any other private share remotely.

I have having this same issue and I didn’t see a solution mentioned. Can someone please post the solution? Thank you.

What specific device are you using? What app or program are you using to access the device? Is the device on the local network or on a remote network?

This subforum generally discusses the single bay/single drive My Cloud line of devices.

If one has a My Book Live they should see the dedicated subforum for that legacy device where users more familiar with that device may be able to assist.

My Book LIve
https://community.wd.com/c/wd-legacy-products/my-book-live/50

My Book Live and Live Duo users should also be aware of the following important WD Security announcement affecting those devices. WD recommends disconnecting those devices from the Internet at this time.

Recommended Security Measures for WD My Book Live and WD My Book Live Duo
https://www.westerndigital.com/support/productsecurity/wdc-21008-recommended-security-measures-wd-mybooklive-wd-mybookliveduo

At this time, we recommend you disconnect your My Book Live and My Book Live Duo from the Internet to protect your data on the device by following these instructions on our Knowledge Base.