Accessing MycloudEX2 from remote computer via Windows Explorer

We have MyCloudEX2 in our office and I work in a remote office. I can access my drive via the My Cloud Drive App but I can’t save new documents to the drive. Does anyone know if I can actually save new documents to the drive?

I also can’t access the Dashboard. Is that possible from a remote computer?

Also is there a way I can view the drive from my Windows Explorer instead of having to go through the App? Keeping in mind that I am not directly connected to the network, I am using the App.

Is any of this possible with the APP?

SoundandMedia wrote:

We have MyCloudEX2 in our office and I work in a remote office. I can access my drive via the My Cloud Drive App but I can’t save new documents to the drive. Does anyone know if I can actually save new documents to the drive?

Also is there a way I can view the drive from my Windows Explorer instead of having to go through the App? Keeping in mind that I am not directly connected to the network, I am using the App.

1. Yes, it’s possible to save new documents via the My Cloud Desktop app.

2. No, you cannot use the WD Dashboard remotely.

3. Yes, you can view the DRIVE’S Dashboard remotely if you configure it, but you can’t see the CONTENTS of the drive in that way.

4. Which App?

TonyPh12345 wrote:

SoundandMedia wrote:

1. No, you cannot use the WD Dashboard remotely.

I would say that it is possible to use the Dashboard remotely. Please have a look here: http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud-EX2/lt-Guide-gt-Enable-remote-access-to-Dashboard-video/m-p/864604/highlight/true#M3104