Accessing My Cloud Home Public folder from iOS Files app

Hi,

After I upgrade to iOS 14 , I can no longer see files in Public folder using Files app on my iPhone or iPad anymore. I could see the folder. But, when I tab the folder, after some time, I get ‘Content Unavailable - The folder contents could not be displayed because of an unknow error.’ I could access them in iOS3 before.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

@kjhma Thank you for reporting the issue.
Have you tried to remove the connection from the Files App and add the Connection again?

Yes, I have tried connect/remove/reconnect multiple times. I have also restarted my iPhone and My Cloud a few times. BTW, I can use My Cloud app to access my folder from my phone without any issue. However, My Cloud app does not access Public folder.

Hi

Just aquired a My Cloud Home and is having the same problem.

My iPad will identify the Public folder, but cannot show its contents. Tried reconnecting multiple times.

My elderly android phone (Huawei Mate 10 pro) finds the public folder and opens its contents without any problems.

Suggestions?

Thx in advance

SMB2 is a minimum requirement from IOS13+ to connect. My Cloud Home may be running with SMB1 as default and AFAIK there is no setting to force SMB2 on the MCH.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250668955

Thx :+1:

But this device is brand new, should update automatically and my iPad connects no problem to the public folder, it just will not show its contents.

Unfortunately, Files in iPadOS and iOS 13 and above is only compatible with SMB version 2.0 or later. If your NAS drive uses an earlier SMB, you need to update or upgrade it to work with Files. Brand new or not, iOS13+ Files app from Apple does not support SMB 1.0 for security reasons but there are many other apps that may, many of them free.

1 Like

This solved it, thank you. :+1:

I installed the “pro” version of FE file explorer. It mounts the public folder and displays content without issues.

However, it can not access the private folder of the My Cloud Home. This problem can be fixed as the FE shows up as a location in the iOS Files app (with all mounted drives in the folders below).

I can now use the iPad to manage all drives on my network .