Accessing hidden/system files

I am trying to copy this folder:

/mnt/HD/HD_a2/plex_conf/Plex Media Server/

The problem is that it is not visible to me because it is not a Share and I cannot otherwise find it in File Explorer or the Web File Viewer app. How can I get to and copy that folder?

Thanks!

P.S. I actually contacted WD support, but was told that they cannot assist with accessing any data other than in my Shares… The data is on my NAS, so that doesn’t really make sense to me, although I understand how it could be a headache for them.

Hi,

Not sure if it’s possible to copy that folder through standards procedures.

Let’s see if any of the users can share some information about this case.

@Chasim - Have you tried to enable SSH access to the NAS and then grab the files using winscp for example ?

Cheers,

JediNite

Although I would probably qualify as an “advanced” user, I know very little about Linux. I know how to enable SSH (Error) but, in terms of winscp (Free SSH Client for Windows :: WinSCP), would it pretty much just be a matter of installing it, navigating to/connecting with the NAS, and then locating and copying the directory? (Copying the folder would save me a lot of time, but I don’t want to muck anything up.)

Thanks.

Edit: @JediNite - I enabled SSH, installed WinSCP, entered the necessary information, then downloaded the folder. Easy and done - thanks!

@Chasim - No probs. Glad you sorted it out. Sorry took a bit to get back to you.