Access wdmycloud map drive remotly

If you had search through this subforum (using the magnifying glass icon upper right) you would have seen this issue of remote mapping a My Cloud has been beaten to death. Bottom line, as explained many times, remote mapping feature was removed over a year ago when WD released the OS 3 firmware. There have been requests to bring it back but WD has stated its not planned.

https://community.wd.com/t/re-enable-remote-drive-mapping-through-mycloud-com/134944

Officially remote mapping is not supported on the single bay single drive My Cloud units.

As explained above, unofficially there are a number of ways to try and enable mapping the My Cloud remotely. Most if not all involve using SSH to modify the My Cloud firmware.

Officially, the only way to access the My Cloud is using; the MyCloud.com web portal, FTP (which is insecure), or the WD software/apps. One can also setup a VPN connection to their local network and remote map the My Cloud through the VPN tunnel.

Security is ALWAYS an issue. While you feel you may have nothing to hide, what do you think would happen if you left the My Cloud wide open to the internet and someone uploaded illegal material to the drive, and police subsequently discovered it?