Access to safepoint

I’ve noticed an interesting fact about safepoint on my setup:

• 3 TB My Cloud
  • 4 TB My Book Studio - always connected to MC
  1. I am able to view the contents of the safepoint using Windows & Mac OS My Cloud desktop app
  2. I am unable to view the contents of the safepoint app using windows 7 file explorer nor Linux file explorer

What is necessary to use a file explorer to view a safepoint’s contents?

Take a look at this and see if this answers your Windows issue … hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

SectorGZ wrote:

Take a look at this and see if this answers your Windows issue … hope this helps :slight_smile:

Thanks for the response SectorGZ,

Next time I’m in Windows I definetly intend to try the suggestions. Meanwhile using the link’s outlined principles in Linux here’s what’s returned:

_WDPROT

1 item, with size 0 bytes

(some contents unreadable)

smb://kincaidpeters/my_book_1144_2/   kincaidpeters is My Cloud name

The permissions of “_WDPROT” could not be determined

All of the permissions of all shares (folders) resulted in above. However I am able to browse the remaining shares to the file level. I am also able to browse a test folder created on my_book_1144_2; possibly the Underscore is preventing viewing.

While the link was interesting reading it provided little insight to using either computer management nor windows explorer to view the safepoint contents. My Cloud desktop app is using Bonjour service and possibly this enables the viewing of the safepoint.

This certainly isn’t a show stopper for the immediate future, but I’d certainly like to use Linux to more fully manage My Clound and always connected My Book Studio which was installed 2 and a half weeks ago.