Access to Folders in MyBookLive

Hi, I’m looking for some advice. I access my MyBookLive via an old laptop and an iPad. I manage the files on the MyBook via the laptop. I recently did some cleaning up separating out photos and documents and renaming file names etc. Just to make it easier for me to find the things I want. I did these changes via File Explorer and had no problems. I then went to my iPad to check on a few things. Using the MyCloud app all was well. My new folder titles were there and all the photos and docs were accessible. However using the WD Photos app I hit a problem. It just doesn’t seem to recognise the new folder titles. When you go into the folders it still sees, and shows the previous folder structure. It then goes into a never ending cycle of updating ? I’ve tried deleting the app and reinstalling. I’ve also tried disconnecting the MyBookLive in the app, and then reconnecting. Why won’t this WD Photos app see the new folders ? Thanks in advance for you thoughts/ideas.

My guess is whatever MBL media server you are using has not re-indexed your files since you moved or otherwise changed them. I’d have a go at telling your media server to re-index your MBL, rebuild the media server’s database.

I don’t use any remote features and in fact have them disabled so I don’t know how you do that.

Hi, thanks for the reply but I have no idea what you are talking about. Lol. I’m looking for some simple ideas that I can try to get an app working that was fine till the weekend but I renamed a folder from ‘Photographs & Documents’ to ‘Photos’. The MyBookLive is fine as I can see this change from my laptop via explorer. I can also see this change from the MyCloud app. My WD Photos app doesn’t recognise it. Anyone else got any thoughts, that they can explain to me in terms that I can understand.

Yeah. You moved the files where your media server can’t find them.

Look for a media setting on your MBL and find the setting to tell it to re-index your files. Rebuild the database,

If that doesn’t work, put the files back.