Access Root Directory My Cloud EX2

Good afternoon

After having to perform a reset to factory settings, I can not access via “connect network drive” from the main Windows folder on my disk.

The main volume is Volume_1. Hence several hanging folders (Pictures, Music …), which if they are accessible through “connect network drive”, but the main volume (Volume_1) is impossible, can not find it.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you very much.

Hi, try using WD Discovery to map the shared folder.

Mapping a drive letter on a WD Network hard drive using WD Discovery 

Pelukapus wrote:

After having to perform a reset to factory settings, I can not access via “connect network drive” from the main Windows folder on my disk.

I believe the reason is because once you reset your device, all users are wiped out. You will have to recreate your users from the web dashboard and then grant read-write access according to your needs all over again, BEFORE you can access them.

If this resolves your issue, lease click the star under my username  on the left to give me a kudo…and mark this as the solution. You can also try mod jubei’s suggestion - but I think you should check first if the users exist first.

Hi Jubei04. 

I used the program you mention, but the master volume is still missing.

I have reset to factory settings and the master volume is not listed. However, if I load the backup file that I EX2 configuration if the master volume and the program appears perfectly.The problem is that the backup file can not use either my unit (errors building codes for access to the cloud)

If you think of any ideas ??

Thank you very much for your answer

Hi Cybernut1,

The problem has nothing to do with users. Users are recommended I created, the problem is that the Web application with the main volume so I can not give access to something that does not exist does not appear.

If you think of any ideas ??

Thanks for your answer

To contact the support department ??. That department there ??

I wrote with my advocacy to “department” and after 14 days I have received NO response or a sad but (and I quote):

Sorry to write by email but after talking to my partner what has happened need to respond to this email attaching a screenshot of the screen that says only see the root of the drive so you can reenviarsela engineers.

This was posted on September 8 and here still waiting … NO SOLUTION.

Regards and still waiting