Access Mycloud from PC in any place in the world (out of my home)

How can I access to MyCloud from PC in any place in the world (out of my home network). The windows applications are no more available and I cannot access via web browser… It has nonsense to have this device without access from outside of my network (except Android app)

MyCloud_Win Program is located here

See fix for Cert error here

Setup web connection as per docs

@jnav Are you saying you can’t reach it by mycloud.com ?

Thanks. I was using this application until one year ago (approx.), when it began not working properly

Thanks for your answer. Mycloud.com works quite well (not as usefull as a folder in the explorer), but it sometimes fails. Other NAS allows access as a folder in a stable way, but I have not been successful in this type of configuration

The My Cloud Desktop program/app has been End of Life since 2016. The application no longer works with the single bay/single drive My Cloud devices that run recent firmware versions (in the last year).

My Cloud Desktop App End of Support
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28748/

My Cloud Desktop App No Longer Works with a My Cloud or Login Not Authorized
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25159

Unfortunately with the My Cloud Desktop app for Windows/Mac being End of Life in 2016 and no longer functioning with the single bay/single drive My Cloud units in the last year or so that run recent versions of the firmware, the only official methods of remote access to the single bay/single drive My Cloud units are the MyCloud.com web portal, the WD My Cloud app for iOS and Android, or the insecure FTP option.

The MyCloud.com web portal and the corresponding My Cloud Dashboard Remote Access/Cloud Access option is what it is. A hiccup or outage in either one and one typically looses remote access. This is made worse by local broadband providers who block or filter the default ports used by the My Cloud for remote access. When this happens a user is forced to reconfigure their My Cloud Dashboard > Settings cloud access/remote access setting to manual and set alternate external ports. Then one would need to configure, within their router, port forwarding for those external ports to the My Cloud.

Or one can bypass WD all together and setup their own VPN server on the same local network as the My Cloud. Then using a VPN client on the remote device/computer one can VPN tunnel into their network containing the My Cloud securely, and access the My Cloud as if they were on the same local network. However this VPN option usually requires more computer knowledge and experience to properly configure the VPN server/client for remote access and security. Some consumer routers (Asus for example) include several VPN server options including the popular OpenVPN server.