Access database and my cloud personal

I have developed a desktop VB.NET app with Access database. Can I move the database to my Personal cloud and set it’s connection string to point to this new location? If so what would be my connection string? Thanks

Use ODBC for pointing to the loaction where the access MDB is located.

Joerg_A thank you for the quick reply. I need a little more help with it. Here’s my current connection string with my datasource stored on my hard drive:
Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\Shagerdha\Students.mdb;Persist Security Info=True;Jet OLEDB:Database Password=******

what should I use now instead of C:\Shagerdha\Students.mdb;?

Thanks

You could go the same way by having mapped network drive on the clients. Create a folder on the My Cloud with the name Shagerdha and map this is network drive in the client PC as X:\ with pointing to folder “Shagerdha”. Then your drive letter X would be the path and afterwards simply the file name Students.mdb - your path then would be X:\Students.mdb

Test the OLEDB connection, if it supports multi-user-environment. Open the application from two clients at the same time to see, if you have access to the MDB from both clients. Databases shall not be blocked, only opened database rows on the first client shall be blocked on the other client.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I will give it a try.