About the never go sleeping problem

my mbl had never slept since i bought for one week, and just read some posts here and i did my own test below…
at first i stop twonky, after 10minutes, it will not goto sleep;
then continue to kill the miocrawler and mediacraeler processes and wait for another 10minutes, still not sleep
then i tried to kill the process ‘communicationsmanagerd’ and …after 10minutes ,the LED color finally changed to blue, it means the box this time just really want to goto sleep…
then to ensure whether the process ,communicationsmanager’ is the only one to prevent mbl to sleep i do a reboot and only kill this one process(even when i disabled the remote Access option the process will come out)…now it can goto sleep when no data transfering as it was desiged…
so my conclusion is due to my complicated network environment(my mbl attached to my router and my router connect to another real internet gateway which i have no right to do some portmapping or upnp setup things), so the communicationmanager process always tried to establish a connection with wd2go server, and this just keep the system awake, maybe for those whose router direct connect to internet this may not occurs…

No, mine is conected directly to my router.

It runs like a scalded dog 24/7.

check whether this file exists on your MBL:

/var/log/openvpn.out

in my case, the process ‘communicationsmanager’ just rewrite this log file with error messges every few minutes, this disk write action prevent the system to sleep, after i manually kill the process, it just can goto sleep mode