About my book live transfer speed

I’m thinking about buying my book live 3T, but i read a lot of complaints of slow transport. What is the rate of data transfer speed via wlan.  note that I have these devices

DOVADO 4GR Wireless-N 4G/LTE Gigabit USB Router

• 2 x USB2.0 ports (for full power to USB modem)
  • 4 x 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet LAN ports
  • 1 x 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet WAN port
  • 802.11b/g/n 300 Mbps WLAN Access Point

HP ProBook 6360b Notebook PC

thanx in advance

moha1000a wrote:

What is the rate of data transfer speed via wlan.  

Sorry, but there’s no way anyone can answer that for you.   With WLAN, it depends entirely on your environment, not just your equipment.

Most (all?) people who have issues with WLAN speeds are people who don’t understand anything about WLAN works.

In fact i do not care about the LAN, but I do care to the WLAN because the device will be connected wirelessly to devices such as  TV, Xbox, bluray and laptops so I think that there must be some rate for the speed and not a specific speed

i dont want to by it then i find that my internet speed are faster than it

thanx

So do u have any idea to make the transfer over WLAN faster?

I dont have any idea but all what i want to know is about the transfer speed rate

with the usb 2 is about 20 to 30 mb/se

what about via WLAN

is it faster or slower

is that dificult to know ?

thanx

I can’t tell you how fast you will get, but I can tell you that my 100BaseT switch transfers files to my 1TB MBL about 3 times faster than my 54 MBps wireless router.  But I have a complicated wifi network so I think this is about as much as **I** can expect with **MY** configuration.  What is frustrating is that the performance thru the switch is dreadful as well (about 3MBps average).  THere’s got to be something else going on that’s making both slow, but I can’t figure it out.

moha1000a wrote:

In fact i do not care about the LAN, but I do care to the WLAN because the device will be connected wirelessly to devices such as  TV, Xbox, bluray and laptops so I think that there must be some rate for the speed and not a specific speed

i dont want to by it then i find that my internet speed are faster than it

thanx

How fast is the device capable?  b/g or n?  all devices have the same capabilities?  If the device can’t do the same speed as the router then for that particular device the speed would be lower than another device.

How far away is the device from the router?  May make a difference especially depending on the quality of the router.  The speed rates can vary & not just a single rate for everything.  e.g. my ereader can only do 11g while my current laptop can do 11n; there is a huge speed difference when I transfer files to/from the ereader & the laptop; the xfer speed from the laptop to the ereader is limited by the speed capability of the ereader.

Then, there is overhead.  When I backup my music files from the 3T MBL to my usb 3 hard drive on the computer, the megabyte/sec depends on the directory & number of files in the usb3 hdd.  I just did a couple of incremental file backups & on 1 directory I got about 20 megabyte/sec for about 4 gigs; on the other incremental file backup, I got about 35 MB/sec.

I googled to check on how fast the pcie bus can handle speeds & read that it can just do about 60 MBs max; so I don’t expect my usb3 hdd using a pcie usb3 adapter will approach even 50 MBs.

Trying to get a single number to fit all your devices won’t work.

Hello moha100a

I have the 2TB version of My Book Live, connected through a TP-LINK gigabit router.

I transfer files between my computer and the WD at an average speed of 40 MBps (something like aprox.320 Mbps).

With these numbers I can almost assure you that the 3 TB WD will not be the bottleneck in your system (I think that this is what you wanted to hear).

Like all the other answers, I can’t tell you the speed you will get. WLAN’s depend on a lot of parameters.

One more thing, if speed is what you want, forget WLAN and get wired.

Best regards

jnbraga