ABCiView where?

Just upgraded from a WD TV Live to this model Rev 3. It says on latest firmware update that it now supports ABCiView in Australia but I don’t see it under All in the Section where the other ones are. How do you add it in?

You provably need to download the latest firmware version.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5749/session/L3RpbWUvMTM0NDM3MzQxOC9zaWQvRlF4SDM3M2w%3D

No I have the latest 1.10.13. I presume it should be under services all. Or do you have to physically add it somehow? if so how?

I assume that you are in Australia? You may be locked out by the geo location ‘feature’. 

You cannot add it manually its either there or not.

In Perth, Western Australia so it should work. Also selected Perth under time zone. Shame as I love ABCiView on my iPad.

PCKid wrote:

In Perth, Western Australia so it should work. Also selected Perth under time zone. Shame as I love ABCiView on my iPad.

From my understanding, the version of the firmware you download (and the included apps which come with the update) depends on your internet address from where you downloaded the update.  Some people use vpn’s or other settings to fool the update into believing they are updating in the U.S.  When they do this, they then download the US applications which come with the latest firmware eg Hulu, Netflix etc…

It doesn’t matter what you select in time zones or whatever, it depends on the the internet address that your WDTV is networked with.  I am guessing that when you updated, for some reason you didn’t  get the Australian version with the Australian applications such as iView.

I don’t know. I didn’t get it from the internet I did it via the box itself as it popped up when I first powered up telling me there was an update. I’ll go to the Aussie wD TV Live section and see if there is a specific version for Aus there. and overwrite it hopefully if it doesn’t say it’s the latest anyway and not allow overwriting.

thomfam wrote:

PCKid wrote:

From my understanding, the version of the firmware you download (and the included apps which come with the update) depends on your internet address from where you downloaded the update.  Some people use vpn’s or other settings to fool the update into believing they are updating in the U.S.  When they do this, they then download the US applications which come with the latest firmware eg Hulu, Netflix etc…

It doesn’t matter what you select in time zones or whatever, it depends on the the internet address that your WDTV is networked with.  I am guessing that when you updated, for some reason you didn’t  get the Australian version with the Australian applications such as iView.

There is no different firmware, its all the same. If you download and install it you get the same firmware anywhere in the world. The player decides on what to show based on geo-location which obviously does not work properly - no surprise there.

PCKid wrote:

I don’t know. I didn’t get it from the internet I did it via the box itself as it popped up when I first powered up telling me there was an update. I’ll go to the Aussie wD TV Live section and see if there is a specific version for Aus there. and overwrite it hopefully if it doesn’t say it’s the latest anyway and not allow overwriting.

There is no Aussie section we all get the firmware from the same place.

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/updates/?family=wdfwdtv_live_G3