A new Firmware for WD TV live

Resolved Issues:

• Resolved issue of certain TVs not completing FW update if connected via HDMI.
• Resolved HDMI negotiation not selecting preferred resolution setting.

[deleted]

Note:   This is NOT released by WD!   

Use it at your own risk!

(mueding, I wouldn’t be surprised to see this thread DELETED, as this firmware was NOT meant for release to the community as a whole.   Shame on you.)

Excuse me please, it’s undermined me writing a mistake - it is, of course, another beta version which will hopefully lead finally to a new official firmware.
HDMI I can no longer use the way long, so I take every opportunity of a new firmware, even if it is only a beta.
HDMI is dead, though I did not done something - from today to tomorrow, after this connection worked for several months.
Also, the replacement unit has done so.
It seems that communication between the media player and the TV set to be a problem - all other HDMI devices (Laptop, Bluray player and a new media player from another manufacturer) will work on TV.
For this reason, I see the problem with the player and not with WD TV.

This is not a publicly released beta from WD. It’s a limited test release and was never meant to be shared on the forums.

Note this was NOT released via the WD public beta page, like Tony says: use at your own risk.

Resolved Issues:

• Resolved HDMI negotiation not selecting preferred resolution setting.

I hope that they fix this for the Live Plus too!

This is not a publicly released beta from WD. It’s a limited test release and was never meant to be shared on the forums.

Everything which can be downloaded from a public webserver of WD is public!

How much longer can WD string us along by issuing beta’s albeit unoficially (but strangely leaked to the community) that they take no responsibility for when the product is now in its maturity and will no doubt soon be superseded I believe mine is out of warranty now anyway.

After saying this I must admit that my TVlive does everything I want with no problems using the last official OTA update

It looks like my HDMI issues are gone with this new beta fw.  I hope WD will soon release an official fw based on this and, maybe, filled with some extra options. I’m personally interested in:  black outline subtitles, some media navigation improvements, gapeless tracks play, internet radio from Shoutcast …

Thank you!

Tel911 wrote:

How much longer can WD string us along… ?  …My TVlive does everything I want with no problems using the last official OTA update

Then what the heck are you complaining about?  If yours is working fine with the latest production firmware, then what exactly are you waiting for?

RonDouglas wrote:

Everything which can be downloaded from a public webserver of WD is public!

You sound like the kind of person who thinks it’s OK to take things from a person’s car if they don’t lock their doors.

1 Like

Any beta firmware is welcome, everyone should use them at their own risk!

The more feedback WD receives from the ones who use this betas, the better!

jctavares wrote:

The more feedback WD receives from the ones who use this betas, the better!

So if it was complied to address one specific issue, it’s helpful for them to get deluged by other comments about any other issues with it?  Especially since the others would be generally known already?

Gee… I wonder why it wasn’t offered to the general public, like previous public Betas.

And since they limit the number of downloads, if everybody and his uncle starts downloading it because they’re too lazy to turn compression off when they’re muxing a movie, then the people WD wants to test it – the ones they’re trying to help, may not even get a chance to download it.

Thanks for link ! 

Shoul be for all who wonts to risk and post about problems ! Doesnt see why is download limited ? 

Or that WD staff form group beta tester and that made part for tham and sign tham and nobody have access than group beta testers ! 

But dont see why everyone can use this on own risk ! 

Thanks for sharing link friend ! 

You, guys, are worse than little kids that’ll stick anything in their mouths.  This was not a release.  It was a test module. 

4 Likes