A neat Idea

Maybe this is old news or something new I thought I would share.

My wife made a comment on too bad you could not see what the movie is about kinda like reading the back cover.

So I took a JPG program paint we all know about and copied the movie notes and then saved them as a JPG and put them in the second folder where the double thumbnail is and walla you can click on it and it has the movie information on there.

So we all know the potential of having thousands of movies in our library now and some movies we do forget about. This is a useful way to remind us. having said that this could open the door for the search feature that I have no idea how WDlive does it it is on remote but I can never get it to search exept for youtube and I am sure that is because it is already a part of you tube. You could install actors and movie Genre in a similar folder and should be able to search for certain movie stars and genres.

If all this is dinasour news please disregard as I am no computer or WD live Guru or if you have better suggestions to help me on these issues I am happy to listen.

tm224 wrote:

Maybe this is old news or something new I thought I would share.

My wife made a comment on too bad you could not see what the movie is about kinda like reading the back cover.

So I took a JPG program paint we all know about and copied the movie notes and then saved them as a JPG and put them in the second folder where the double thumbnail is and walla you can click on it and it has the movie information on there.

So we all know the potential of having thousands of movies in our library now and some movies we do forget about. This is a useful way to remind us. having said that this could open the door for the search feature that I have no idea how WDlive does it it is on remote but I can never get it to search exept for youtube and I am sure that is because it is already a part of you tube. You could install actors and movie Genre in a similar folder and should be able to search for certain movie stars and genres.

If all this is dinasour news please disregard as I am no computer or WD live Guru or if you have better suggestions to help me on these issues I am happy to listen.

I would say the big problem would be your ‘you could install actors and movie genre in a similar folder’. As it is impossible to search for anything that is shown on jpg i want say that is where the problem would be. However saying that all ideas are welcome.