A couple issues

So I just bought a WDTV LIve streaming and am in the process of setting this up and have run in to some issues hopefully someone can help me with:

Setup:  WDTV LIve (current firmware) on a 1 GB switch … DLink DNS-320 Sharecenter (NAS)

I have 2  2-TB Drives on the NAS … both configured to share out the files on each drive

I have set up the media library to point to each of the shares on my NAS

Problems:

Content info seems to take several hours to download (granted I have about 800 total files)

when it completes, the metadata is incomplete for movies and doesn’t work at all for my TV shows (I have the TV shows stored as TV SHOW NAME.s01e01.mkv)

Is there a way to “pre load” the content info to make sure I get the correct metadata and to speed up the process?

Also is there a way to create a “tab” as it were or something in the videos section so that it goes right to the root folders I have for my TV shows and movies instead of having to root through the entire path (example: volume_1\Media\Movies is currently how I have to root each time).

Thanks.  I have just a couple quirks to iron out and this device will do exactly what I need it to do.

Thanks in advance

It normally takes some time to get content info depending of the amount of files you have

speed up the process… Not sure… correct meta data will have to do with the way the files are named to begin with…

You can try   http://www.therenamer.com/ … other users here might have more experience on this and could better help

Wizer wrote:

It normally takes some time to get content info depending of the amount of files you have

speed up the process… Not sure… correct meta data will have to do with the way the files are named to begin with…

You can try   http://www.therenamer.com/ … other users here might have more experience on this and could better help

Thanks for the reply … I am wondering if perhaps my movies aren’t named correctly so will have to research the ones that fail … the TV shows I think are correct (TV SHOW NAME.sXXeXX.mkv) …