A bit of advice needed please!

Hi I have a WD Tv Live Hub and all is good so far with it. I just want to check a few things…

In the future I want to get a 4bay NAS drive with raid and use this as my storage of media so it is all backed up looking at all the specification of the hub this does not seem a problem has anyone experienced any issues with streaming the media from a NAS drive?

Secondly until I can afford the nas I am going to by and add data to a 2tb wd mybook usb storage connected to the hub via the usb on the front - I am hoping this will work can anyone confirm?

Also last question I also want to expand the system to a second TV all I need to do is purchase another hub or a WDtv live and either will stream data from any of the drives I have?

Look forward to responses!!!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Yes…  I’m using a QNAP TS-410  4-Bay NAS in RAID-5.   It’s rock solid.  No problems at all.

Yes, and yes to the other questions.

Tony

Thanks once again for your help I was looking at a Synology NAS I assume in thoery a nas is a nas and there shouldnt be any compatibility issues

mattpeds wrote:

Tony

Thanks once again for your help I was looking at a Synology NAS I assume in thoery a nas is a nas and there shouldnt be any compatibility issues

A NAS is a NAS only because it’s storage on a network.   Pay close attention to the “Value Added” features, the user interface, whether or not you can do advanced file functions (like SYMLINKs which is CRITICAL to how I operate my streamers)  etc.