How to Backup over Internet?

I have a My Cloud Personal Cloud Storage in my home, it’s still much space. I want backup a somes files and folders from workplace to MyCloud in my home. I see guild. It backup only in local network. How to backup it ? Please help me. Thanks all readed

you can access your NAS through wd2go.com, where you can login  (assuming you have registerd) and map the share to your desktop or laptop. Not Recommended for security reasons (if you do use Firefox which does not support SSLv3 and don’t forget to enable remote access on your cloud and use only from secure environment and avoid public networks such as cafe, hotels, etc).

if you are using a laptop You can use Windows offline folders options files sync or use something like microsoft SyncToy

Of if you have enough space on online cloud, sycn the folder with that and access the cloud wherever you are.

Hope this helps.

Hi Thanks Jamalaya!

I have registered wd2go.com and download synch toy but not explorer it.

Please check for me.

I create netdav.inf 

[WebClient.AddService]
DisplayName = %WebClient.ServiceDisplayName%
ServiceType = 0x10

and copy to 

• c:\Windows\System32\
  • c:\Windows\SysWOW64\
  • c:\Windows\inf\

update firmware [WD My Cloud™] v04.01.03-421

but not work

i used Windows Server 2012 datacenter 64bit

I cannot see image you posted.

Can you connect to wd2go?

I woudln’t have thoght you need to add anything as long as webclient is running (except you need Java unfortunately)

You might need to add a feature and add webclient service!!! I knwo soem servers do not come with webclient, they come with “Desktop exprience” feature.

thanks you

I switched to using ftp to backup my data.

FTP is an insecure method of file transfer.

WD offers WD Sync as a way to sync data from a computer to a remote My Cloud.

Beyond mycloud.com web portal for remote access one can use the WD Desktop program.

There is currently no official way to remote map a single bay My Cloud as WD removed that capability from the MyCloud.com web portal several years ago. There are various unofficial methods but they all require using SSH to access the My Cloud at the firmware level.