After update to Win10 build 9929, my WD Cloud is no longer accessable

I had Win8.1 and could access \WDMYCLOUD without any issues. After the update to Win10, build 9929, I get an error message that this device is not accessable (In Explorer) due to admin rights and I should contact an administrator. I can access the admin page of the drive via the ip address, but not via the Windows Explorer.

No changes were made, except the update to Win10. Perhaps someone else has also installed the Win10 Technical Preview and can help me?

1 Like

This fixed the issue for me:

Using REGEDIT it’s necessary to create a DWORD value called ‘AllowInsecureGuestAuth’ in HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters and set this new value to 1.

1 Like

WOW, great this worked! Thank you sooo much. Hope MS fix this in Win10 before it ships, otherwise a lot of users will start complaining after updating.

Btw - no reboot is required after adding the DWORD to the registry.

Wow.I am impressed. I too had the same problem. Resolved after applying your solution

Is this possibly because of the change to Windows security Microsoft flagged up in the Insider Hub on 3 Feb stating that they have disallowed guest access to NAS servers to prevent man-in-the-middle attacks? And advising against bending the registry as it reopens the vulnerability.

The Public share is presumably affected by this so it needs to have the Public access turned off, and until this is done Win10 will not access any of the folders as network shares. But the button in the web GUI to turn off Public access is greyed out and inaccessible. So how can the Public access for the Public folder be stopped?

This will need to be fixed before more than a few “advanced” users are on Win10.

After updating to Win10 build 10041 - I no longer have access. I have the RegEdit option but still can not access the WD from Windows (I can access via IP in browser).

This thread is marked as “solved” which may be why no-one from WD is responding. Sunrise,  can I suggest  you open up a new thread setting out the issue in the new build (which I have not got yet, I’m in the “slow” circle of updates).

I reported this issue in the Windows Feedback tool as well.

I had a similar problem after the Win10 build 10049 update, but
 then realized that my Wifi connection was considered PUBLIC
  So, change the network connection to Private

all now works, w/o changing the registry
  Not sure if this works for everyone, but give it a try

This thread is marked as “solved” which may be why no-one from WD is responding.

You think that’s the reason?

[sniggers]

I had a similar problem. It wasn’t to do with admin rights but the Win10 update (build 14393) broke the connection to my WDMyCloud 2TB box. All my older Windows versions and my Android connectivity were fine.
This fixed the problem for me:
Go to: Settings > Network & Internet > Status
- then select the “Network reset” link towards the bottom of the page
It will do its thing and then it will reboot the PC.
Once rebooted you will need to re-enter your WiFi password etc.