6TB USB 3.0 connected to AirPort Extreme: Drops!

Just got a 6TB G-Drive USB 3.0 to store my iTunes library. Connected it to AEBS (newest version) so I can access the library via wifi from computers throughout the house. I use AEBS’s afp address to connect to the drive. Drive seems to be dropping its communication with the AEBS. Happens randomly. I would say the drive is going to sleep but it just happened while I was playing media in iTunes.
Once it drops from the AEBS, it of course disappears from the computer’s desktop, then it is impossible to reconnect via afp address. Puzzling, since internet via wifi is still working…

The drive is designed to be attached directly to a computer. We do not support its use through an AirPort Extreme.

OK, that is not made clear in any of the literature provided. Apple stores stock out-of-the-box Mac OS compatible G-Drives.
I had no troubles with a LaCie drive connected to my AEBS.
Natural question is: do you make a drive that IS supported through AEBS, and if not how might I return this G-Drive?

Return of the drive would be up to the place or purchase if you are within their return period.