How to navigate boards?

I am new to forums, I know nothing about posting, boards, subjects, etc. I have read all the new stuff, help, etc. But I see nothing about how to navigate boards. I read about how to post, go to board you want to post in , but then I am lost. I think I keep posting in the wrong place, can anyone get my head right(I know only I can but) maybe someone can give me a clue?

Welcome, the WD Community was created for Users (such as yourself) to help one another, and to share your experiences and ideas with one another. 

The design of the Community is focused on product categories and sub-categories for ease-of-use and filtered navigation to better find and/or share experiences about a specific family of products along with an Ideas Exchange section, which allows you to suggest the removal, modification and/or addition of product features for future implementation or updates. The Community will be able to vote on your Idea request/suggestion and will have a higher success rate if it obtains positive feedback and approval from the other users.

For example, WD External Drives is a base board which contains the following sub-forums:

External Drives for Ma _ c _, for Mac-specific products, issues and threads;

My Passport for PC, for Windows-specific issues and threads with the WD Passport product family;

- My Book for PC, for Windows-specific issues and threads with the WD My Book product family;

- Other Externals, for issues and threads with any other WD External Drive and;

• External Drive Ideas, for development suggestions, requests and/or updates for future External Drives and/or the current ones.

There are main discussion boards (With their individual sub-forums) for :

Announcements & General Discussions, with the  Product/Update News, New to the Community (An introduction to the Community)  Forum Feedback (For issues and suggestions related to the WD Community itself) and  General Discussions (For off-topic, non-product related discussions) sections;

WD Software & Accessories, with the WD SmartwareOther SoftwareWD Photos and Software & Accessories Ideas sections;

WD TV Live & Live Plus Media Players, with the  General Discussions, FirmwareNetworking and  Live & Live Plus Ideas sections;

WD TV Live Hub Media Player, with the  General DiscussionsFirmwareNetworkThemes and  Live Hub Ideas sections;

WD TV HD, Mini & Elements Play, with the  WD Elements PlayWD TV HDWD TV Mini and  HD, Mini & Elements Play Ideas sections;

WD External Drives, discussed above;

WD Network Products, with the  My Book LiveWD ShareSpaceMy Book World EditionWD Livewire and  Network Drive Ideas sections, and lastly;

WD Internal Drives, with the  DesktopOther Internals and  Internal Drive Ideas sections.

I would suggest to please visit the  New to the Community section in order to better understand your role within the Community as well as the features it offers, the settings you can change and the rules.

If you have any questions related to the Community, then us Moderators will be more than happy to answer since we are here to facilitate and oversee the Community. Please enjoy the experience.

Regards,

Trancer.

2 Likes

Thank You very much, now I have a much better understanding of how this forum works, thank for the super fast reply.

Hi Russ,

Glad that there I am not the omly person who is having trouble trying to work out all this new language and communication.

Thankfully people like Tracer & Bill etc are both giving their time (along with many others) to help us along this new adventure path.

we can only get better with practice (I think!)

Cheers Alan u