Front Row [New Theme]

INTRODUCTION

This is a ‘Moviesheet’ based Theme and has been developed for the WDTV Live Hub and NOT the WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (SMP).

The Theme has been designed to run using Firmware version 2.07.17 and will not be updated to run on any current Firmware until PNG/JPG issue is resolved by WD developers. Sorry.

My inspiration for this theme undoubtably comes from Joey Smyth’s outstanding Theme work and various XBMC skins, with a little eclectic design input from yours truly.

I would like to thank the early pioneers of theming such as PsychoTHC, Juliojs, ExtremeDigital, Firetix to name but a few and also my contemporaries- Joey Smyth and Tinwarble for their patience and invaluable help along the way! Thank you very much. :wink:

ETA- Spring(ish) 2012.

Please also NOTE- This is WIP and more info and screenshots will follow in due course.

UPDATE- 26-02-2012

Obsolete images removed.

Apologies for not being able to upload new screenshot images as intended. Will do asap.

UPDATE- 22-02-2012

After much deliberation I have decided to redesign Front Row so that they will work with Joey Smyths’ Aeonish hub moviesheet templates.

The down side of this means that we won’t be able to have the ‘media flag’ info displayed…(my original moviesheet design was causing to many problems with pan view within xml code)…

… However the UP side of this means that everyone currently using the excellent Aeonish Hub theme and moviesheets will also be able to use them in Front Row…making both themes compatiable and interchangeable.

So in summary and I do think that this will be better for all end users and perhaps future themers may adopt such an approach!

I want to say a MASSIVE thanks to Joey Smyth for his personal permission and endorsement  for me to use his moviesheet template for my development of Front Row. Thanks JS! :wink: 

NOTE- All Joey’s movie, TV, music and folder TG templates will work with Front Row, however I am currently modding TV template to improve for FR [Front Row].

Oh and a BIG THANK YOU for everyones comments and feedback!

Revised Gallery View…  NB…View still needs tweaking slightly

Preview Layout-

I realise that manually editing the movie info xml may not be everyone’s ‘cup of tea’ but for me personally I feel it is well worth  the effort as it gives an extra dimension to the somewhat limited OSD.
For people who don’t fancy editing the xml I will be providing an alternative Theme as part of the ‘Release Package’. Basically the info at the bottom will be omitted with some minor mod to display media flag info etc.

Large Video Browse View (No Thrills)

17 Likes

Mmmmm looks very nice,

Looking forward to seeing and hearing more about this NEW THEME.

Thanks for your positive comment BorderReiver.

Feedback (good or bad) is always appreciated.

You have a pretty cool user name, why not use that?

Looks great!

TheTonic or your user name like flhthemi said.

Keep up the great work.

@ flhthemi & jmp571

I’m still undecided at the moment as I’m still developing the theme, but Thanks for your suggestions!

Music List View Added- See first post, click on link.

The gallery view looks really nice. Good Work :slight_smile:

@PTiger Thanks for your comments on Gallery View… what do you think of the List View? I won’t be offended.:wink:

I like the way the list view looks, but I would rather see a description of the movie than all the info about the file…but I’m liking this theme a lot and I never thought I would replace Mojo with something else. Looks REAL nice to me can’t wait for a release!

@ filthemi

Thanks for your comments regarding the List View, but unfortunately it’s not possible to show movie plot (metadata) within this view, due to OSD limitations.

However it is possible to display movie info within Preview display, thanks to a ‘workaround’ discovered by JoeySmyth as discussed on this post-

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/Preview-View-with-Plot/m-p/177520/highlight/true#M1930

So with this in mind I am currently working up a Preview display to take full advantage of this workaround. Hopefully will post an image of view within the next few hours.

PS.

I take your comments RE- Mojo theme as a MASSIVE compliment. :wink:

PPS. Check out top of POST for new screenshot

1 Like

oopps…:wink:

architectonic wrote:

@ filthemi

Thanks for your comments regarding the List View, but unfortunately it’s not possible to show movie plot (metadata) within this view, due to OSD limitations.

Too bad about this limitation…

However it is possible to display movie info within Preview display, thanks to a ‘workaround’ discovered by JoeySmyth as discussed on this post-

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/Preview-View-with-Plot/m-p/177520/highlight/true#M1930

So with this in mind I am currently working up a Preview display to take full advantage of this workaround. Hopefully will post an image of view within the next few hours.

If the image I just saw for the Preview is the new one I like it a lot!!

PS.

I take your comments RE- Mojo theme as a MASSIVE compliment. :wink:

It was ment that way! But not to diminish the Mojo or Darklight themes at all. I like both of them very much.

PPS. Check out top of POST for new screenshot

@ flhthemi

Yes the image (first one on top post) is my Preview View Layout and I’m really glad you like it. :smiley:

Re- Mojo…Yes they are great themes and TW does a splendid job with his unique creations.

PS. Keep posted as I will hopefully be uploading my Large Video Browse view later tonight.

Awesome work!!!

love the preview layout.

Can’t wait for the finished product xD!

Great work architectonic!!

Can’t wait to try it!

Even so love it overall, I really  like the music view.

Keep up the good work!

@ Firetix and jmp571

Thanks guys for your great comments…much appreciated!

…No doubt you are aware that it takes alot of time and effort to create a ‘THEME’, so I will try to release a BETA version ASAP. Unfortunately I cannot make any promises or exact dates as to when this will be as I have other priorities (namely family) that come first, but I will do my best!

Anyway managed to do quick Large Video Browse View today!

Please check out recently edited first post and…

Thanks again!

Great work architectonic! 

Looking forward to your BETA version. :slight_smile:

Video Browse View- Coming soon possibly next few Hours, if all goes well.

Looking great, will check back at some point.