60hz problem

Hello folks

I have a question about a 60hz issue i have with my new WDTV Live…
Before i bought this box, i had the WDTV1, and i always used 720P/60hz with my Tatung 32" TV to avoid “stuttering”. Im no expert in this, but i noticed that its similar on both the old box and the new box that the 50hz makes my MKV movies have a real short stutter every second or so, showing up a little bit too good when the camera is scrolling slowly over something…
Using 60hz on the old box fixed this problem…
However, on the new WDTV Live, now running the newest 17 software, im not able to make my TV go 60hz. When i choose 720P/60hz the box says that it is running 60hz, but TV stays in 50hz. This was never a problem with the old box.
Is there a way to fix this? Im currently running Component 1080i/60hz instead, and this works good but i can see that the picture quality is lower with component than with the HDMI…I did btw try 1080i/60hz also on the HDMI but same problem. It reports 50hz

-Hippekuln

What happens when you put on auto in HDMI mode ?

In Auto, the TV reports 1280x720/50hz… This was the same also on the WDTV1. I had to manually set it to 720P/60, and then it worked. Now, with the Live, it will not. I have also tried to power down both the box and the tv completely by unplugging.

-Hippekuln

You did not mention the picture display & issues in 1280/720/50. Is it displaying well. If so, it will do the same in 1080i/50.

Yes this is the same in both. Scrolling frames do not appear smooth on screen in any of these modes in HDMI. This was exactly the same on the old box as well. Had to use 60hz, or else you can see that the movie aint playing smoothly. I would think that this has something to do with the framerate of the movie as well? But what i found out with the old box was that as long as the box/tv was running at 60hz, all the different videos i watched played without any visible stuttering.

The problem also occurs in the 50hz modes using Component video output, but here the 60hz seems to work properly.

-Hippekuln

So, no one have an explaination to why Live wont work in 60hz HDMI modes, when the old WDTV did?

-Hippekuln