6" x 6" enclosure problems and a recommendation

Since about 1985, I have used and specified WD disk drives and have been rewarded by their performance and reliability. Since buying the Pi drive enclosures, I would recommend that WD exclusively design and market ISK DRIVES - NOT ENCLOSURES. I purchased a Pi drive enclosure to conyain just the drive, and the pictures that show one how to put it together left a great deal to be desired - particularly to the install of the clear lens. I never could get the lens to install properly, so used it without the lens.I then saw the 6x6 enclosure and bought one for the other RPi3. Question for WD Labs - do you not communicate in words? the pictures were not the best to refer to for the assembly of the enclosure. I did go to the website and see how to install the washers and magnets. The diagrams for cable routing are ridiculous. I must have plugged and unplugged all of them several times before I was able to begin to put the top on. I am not keen on bending the power input to the Pi 180 degrees in a small area. Also connecting the drive to the Pi USB port also puts somewhat of a strain on the cable/plug interface. I use a wireless mouse from Microsoft whose dongle will NOT fit into the enclosure when plugged into the Pi USB port. One response to a question was that the 6x6 was meant to be a temporary case - to help organize the “system” in one place instead of scattered on the desk. What if I am doing work with GPIO? The 6x6 assumes no GPIO connection with the Pi i the enclosure. What if I need to plug and unplug USB devices? I must take the cover off each time. I am not real comfortable with the Pi and the drive being so close together - at a minimum provide a piece of flexible plastic film to go between the two.
I have now 2 WD labs enclosures that I am severely disappointed with and for these reasons, please WD stay out of enclosure design and continue to produce the fine disk drives you always have.