5TB security check

Hello everyone, I joined the forum to act this before deciding which size to buy thanks to BestBuy’s current sale on these. Unfortunately I know next to nothing about these, so I’m sorry if any of my questions seem a bit dumb.

Does the 5TB size have the same security functions available to the smaller sizes? Or is there another software that is free/affordable and works well for keeping the drive’s contents protected? Also, could you please point me to instructions about how to use this device and whatever security/etcetera it may have involved in it?

Thanks for the help.

5TB what ?

Depending on the type of WD Portable Hard drive will depend on whether it has security features.

eg. My Book, My Book for Mac, My Book Duo, My Book, My Book Duo, My Passport Air, My Passport Ultra Metal, My Passport Ultra (WD Backup), My Passport for Mac, My Passport, My Passport for Mac, My Passport SSD, My Passport Ultra, My Passport Ultra (USB-C), My Passport Ultra for Mac (USB-C) all support WD Security

Which leaves the WD Elements and WD Easystore drives that have no Security.

Sorry for the lack of specification, but that sort of answers me anyway. I was asking regarding the EasyStore Portable since they’re on sale and I have nothing else to spend a gift card on, but I’d obviously prefer them to have some sort of security, or there being one online that’d work.