500GB Caviar Black AALX Test Error Code:07

Hello

i have problem Western Digital Data LifeGuard Diagnostics software start the test and get the error . i dont know whats the problem. I wonder if this is a very important problem ?. Do you have any idea how to fix it.Thanks for help

Here is error report Data LifeGuard software

Test Option: QUICK TEST
Model Number: WDC WD5002AALX-00J37A0
Unit Serial Number:
Firmware Number: 15.01H15
Capacity: 500.11 GB
SMART Status: PASS
Test Result: FAIL
Test Error Code: 06-Quick Test on drive 1 did not complete! Status code = 07 (Failed read test element), Failure Checkpoint = 97 (Unknown Test) SMART self-test did not complete on drive 1!
Test Time: 00:42:34, August 04, 2013

Here is screenshot

Hello,

As a troubleshooting step, please test the unit on a different SATA port with a different SATA cable and if you get the same results, may be a good idea to make sure that your information is backed up to a second drive.

Now, I’m not saying that the drive is about to failed, but the computer is not reading the drive properly according to the DLG tool.

1 Like

Hello Thanks for answer

Changed sata cable and  DLG tool - Write Zero Format  and problem solved  S.M.A.R.T. report looks everything fine.

I’ve seen this before, you are going to want to fill the drive up with data and run the test again.

The smart indicates if there are problems with the interface, that is not the case. It was reporting that the data could not be read internally, before the drive even tries to send it to the computer. I’ve had a couple of drives where this happened and writing zeros cleared the report of the fault but it came right back when data was re-written into that part of the drive.